Home News Reviews Forums Shop

BenQ 1640 included software

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

BenQ 1640 included software

Postby mrslim on Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:48 pm

My new BenQ 1640 OEM that I got from NCIX comes with Nero Express 6.3.1.26, which I don't need. That's neither here nor there, but isn't some other software, including BenQ QSuite, supposed to ship with the drive, too?

I don't see it available for download on the BenQ site. Perhaps it's a little ado about nothing. Do I even need the BenQ software for anything or does the full Nero package do all the same stuff anyway?
mrslim
Buffer Underrun

Re: BenQ 1640 included software

Postby dolphinius_rex on Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:03 pm

mrslim wrote:My new BenQ 1640 OEM that I got from NCIX comes with Nero Express 6.3.1.26, which I don't need. That's neither here nor there, but isn't some other software, including BenQ QSuite, supposed to ship with the drive, too?

I don't see it available for download on the BenQ site. Perhaps it's a little ado about nothing. Do I even need the BenQ software for anything or does the full Nero package do all the same stuff anyway?

QSuite is awesome... I'm just playing with it now for my review. It has some nifty functions that aren't available otherwise. Basically, doing FE/TE tests, as well as disabling and enabling WOPC for certain situations. It also handles booktype setting, DVD MID code checking, and turning on and off the abilitiy to run burn simulations.

Good stuff!
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby falberni on Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:09 pm

You can go to benq.com website. Click on their "Global" site. In the service and support area, choose "drivers". Then select DVD-Rewriter for product and then for D/L type select "Software (Patch)" . Bingo. You will have Qsuite, Qscan and Booktype management software there. Actually you'd only need the Qsuite. It will do everything that the others do.
falberni
Buffer Underrun

Postby mrslim on Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:39 pm

Thanks. I'd only looked at the North America site, which has less available for download.

Any thoughts about QVideo?
mrslim
Buffer Underrun

Postby Ian on Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:28 pm

I've never really had the need for QVideo. I don't think a lot of people use it.

Here's a direct link to QStudio: http://support.benq.com/files/Storage/S ... 0setup.zip
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby rahzel on Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:33 pm

the benq software only comes with the retail boxed version afaik. The version NCIX sells is OEM, but as everyone already said, you can get the software off the benq website.
rahzel
Buffer Underrun

Postby mrslim on Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:36 pm

Thanks, all.
mrslim
Buffer Underrun

Return to DVD Writers