Home News Reviews Forums Shop

DHL Sucks

What was that?

DHL Sucks

Postby dolphinius_rex on Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:11 pm

Well, I didn't see a specific 'DHL Sucks' thread yet, and I figured they deserved one, so I made it :P

Thanks to DHL, I'm out $15. Why?

Well, DHL is one of the courier companies that cannot seem to locate my apartment building. It's actually a very obvious location, and I've even given them very detailed and careful instructions as to which streets to take, and what landmarks will be seen, and where to turn, and how to find my specific apartment.... but no, according to them, my apartment building (actually, the whole complex) does not exist.

So, I have to redirect DHL shipments to my work address. Well, that's all fine and dandy, but since my work place has their own customs broker, DHL then handed it to them, and they handled the customs clearence, INSTEAD of it being handled by DHL, and billed back to the shipper as was supposed to happen in this case (it happened that this box was shipping in from Taiwan from a drive manufacturer, for one of my reviews). Well... later on I get a message from our accounts payable department letting me know that I had to pay the invoice from the customs broker for $15 for clearing customs on the package for me. And there's no real way to go back to the company with the bill and ask them to send me $15 CAD... it's not really their fault anyways, and it'd be a lot of paperwork and confusion internally. So I'm going to bite the bullet and pay the $15, and continue to curse DHL under my breath.
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:32 am

Refuse delivery on any and all DHL shipments, telling them it must be sent FedEx, UPS, post, etc.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby dolphinius_rex on Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:34 am

kinda hard to refuse free hardware for testing.... it's a good way to not GET the hardware anymore.
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:33 am

Now obviously things can be stolen from any carrier, but this is seriously way too many cases for a single forum: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=684857
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby dolphinius_rex on Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:28 am

aviationwiz wrote:Now obviously things can be stolen from any carrier, but this is seriously way too many cases for a single forum: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=684857

Kinda scary.... usually it's FedEx that steals things from my boxes (although in all fairness, it hasn't happened in a while).

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby seaegg on Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:04 am

Don't get me started on things going missing in the mail. A family member foolishly sent a grand $US in a birthday card which never reached me. They resent the money in a postal order in a card never reached me. Later in the year my Dad sent me $500 US for my birthday and when the postal lady handed me the envelope because was in the front yard she mysteriously told me you must be glad to see this. Months later they discovered hundreds of pieces of mail in a postal worker's apt for my area undelivered because the worker used to collect the mail go home and sleep for the rest of the day and never delivered it. What reallt gets to me is the people who do this get a slap on the wrist. I would jail their backsides since it's a Federal offense and maybe they'd think twice in the future.
Scientia Est Potentia
seaegg
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:00 am

Ugh! that sucks!! Gotta wonder why that kind of money was being sent via post though.... that's just asking for trouble.

I wish *I* got $1000 USD for my birthday :cry:

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Return to Rants n' Raves