Home News Reviews Forums Shop

School Printer out of Toner

What was that?

School Printer out of Toner

Postby aviationwiz on Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:40 am

The printer in the Enlgish Resouce Center at my school ran out of toner, and it's been out for at least 2 days now, why don't they just replace the toner? :evil:

Now, I have to walk down the hallway to the Media Center to get something that I printed. :evil:
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby cfitz on Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:51 pm

Oh the horror! :o You have to walk?!?!?!!! :evil: And it's probably just the beginning of the nasty school administrators evil plan. Before you know it they will be making you take phys-ed class...

Come on, aviationwiz, you can find better things to rant about than this. :wink:

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Re: School Printer out of Toner

Postby LoneWolf on Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:02 pm

aviationwiz wrote:The printer in the Enlgish Resouce Center at my school ran out of toner, and it's been out for at least 2 days now, why don't they just replace the toner? :evil:

Now, I have to walk down the hallway to the Media Center to get something that I printed. :evil:

Ever consider getting to know who does IT in your school building so you can bring it to their attention?

I've lost track of how many times I found out something was broken, and then a teacher/staff member nearby said "Oh, yeah, it's been like that for weeks".

Me: "Why didn't you tell me about it?"

Staff member: "I figured you already knew".

I fix the item in question, while thinking to myself about the fact that if I DID know, then it would be on my to do list, and wouldn't have just hung out in the breeze for weeks not getting done. That's why I have e-mail, and voicemail, and an inbox. It could easily be that nobody has brought this to the attention of the person whose reponsibility is to take care of it.
Intel Q9450 @3.2GHz, Gigabyte GA EP45-UD3P, 4 x 2GB G.Skill @4-4-4-12
Antec P160SW case (modded), Xigmatek 750w PSU
3x 500GB (RAID-5), , OptiArc 7200S, ASUS E818A3T
Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer, Hauppauge HVR-1800, Radeon 4890
Dell 2407WFP
LoneWolf
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:50 pm

cfitz wrote:Oh the horror! :o You have to walk?!?!?!!! :evil: And it's probably just the beginning of the nasty school administrators evil plan. Before you know it they will be making you take phys-ed class...

worse....they'll strap him into a chair in front of a computer and force him to use BTC and MSI burners :D
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby aviationwiz on Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:25 pm

Oh, they know about it. There is a big sign on it now that says it is out of toner and not to print on it.

On a side note, I'm done with required PE classes.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby seaegg on Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:13 pm

Man AVwiz you really make me feel old. In all the years I went to scholl I never saw a computer much less a printer. We didn't have school buses either PE was mandatory unless your Doctor wrote a letter. Floggings with a bamboo cane were legal and liberally applied to offending backsides. And when you complained to Dad you then got 6 of the best from his thick leather belt for getting a flogging at school. Ah the good old days. :lol:
Scientia Est Potentia
seaegg
CD-RW Player

Return to Rants n' Raves