Home News Reviews Forums Shop

FedEx Express Residential Delivery Signature Policy Change

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

FedEx Express Residential Delivery Signature Policy Change

Postby aviationwiz on Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:19 pm

Thank you!!! This is great news!

FedEx is changing the signature policy for FedEx Express® shipments to residences.

* Beginning in fall 2005, FedEx will no longer require a signature for express shipments delivered to residences. This change will make our FedEx Express residential delivery policy consistent with our policy for FedEx Ground® and FedEx Home Delivery® shipments. If a signature is needed for a residential shipment, shippers must choose one of the new FedEx Delivery Signature Options.

Please note:

* The policy for FedEx Express shipments to nonresidential addresses is not changing. FedEx will attempt to obtain a signature from someone at the delivery address or a neighboring address, and no fee will apply.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby lightningbaron on Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:57 pm

Okay, I'm almost 3 months behind on this, but I thought it was kinda funny.

The only question is "who is liable if someone walks up to your house and takes the FedEx package?"

It was so annoying that I had to sign a "release waiver" for them to leave the package at my door the next day while I was at work.
lightningbaron
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:50 am

If the package is driver released, the courier is liable for theft. If the consignee signed a release waiver, then the consignee is liable for theft.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Return to The Beer Garden