Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Traxdata First To Slash DVD+R DL Prices

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

Traxdata First To Slash DVD+R DL Prices

Postby Ian on Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:22 am

Traxdata first to slash DVD+R DL prices

“At last, DVD+R Double Layer media is now available for less than 3 Euro”

Capelle aan den IJssel, 16 September 2005 - Conrexx Technology, the European subsidiary of the RITEK Corporation, has experienced an unprecedented demand for the Traxdata DVD+R DL after being the first to fix the market price at under 3 Euro earlier this month. The Double Layer media, which is enjoying increased popularity, is now widely available for a recommended retail price of €2,99.

RITEK started producing DVD+R DL media in the second quarter of 2004 and since then has become the largest producer of Double Layer media worldwide. Traxdata, RITEK’s own brand, has become one of the most popular brands for Double Layer media and is setting the standard in innovation and technology by introducing 8X DVD+R DL and 4X DVD-R DL later this month.

The introduction of DL burning capabilities, which are now implemented on almost every DVD writer, has meant more and more people using Double Layer media. However, demand had been affected by cost – DL prices are more than 10 times more expensive than single layer media. To address this, RITEK’s state-of-the-art R&D centre has focussed on developing capacity by significantly increasing production yields.

This has resulted in RITEK being the first to market Double Layer media at this stunning price point. The consumer benefits through a great price and the reassurance of a RITEK quality product they know they can trust.

Traxdata DVD+R Double Layer media is available throughout various European resellers and retailers, in 5 pack JC packaging. Cakebox 10 and 25 packaging will be introduced shortly. The recommended retail price of €2,99 includes VAT but excludes local copyright levies that differ from country to country.

Editors note:

Conrexx Technology B.V. is the European subsidiary of the RITEK Corporation, the largest producer of optical storage media in the world. RITEK products are distributed in Europe under the Traxdata trademark, a brand leader that provides storage solutions such as: CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW and other types of electronic storage media.

RITEK for years has been defining and redefining the optical storage market. Around the world, its name is synonymous with innovation, quality, and unparalleled consistency. RITEK’s commitment to quality control is proven by its QS 9000, ISO 14001, ISO 9001, ISO 9002, and Six Sigma certifications.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby dodecahedron on Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:41 pm

Traxdata is Ritek's own brand?
then what's the difference between Traxdata and Ridata ?
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby Gen-An on Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:52 pm

dodecahedron wrote:Traxdata is Ritek's own brand?

Traxdata is Ritek's brand in Europe; Ridata is the US brand.
Gen-An
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:00 pm

Gen-An wrote:
dodecahedron wrote:Traxdata is Ritek's own brand?

Traxdata is Ritek's brand in Europe; Ridata is the US brand.

Not Quite, TraxData is owned by Conrexx, and I believe they are only partially owned by Ritek, but not 100%. I also know that Conrexx is more picky about quality standards from Ritek. Traxdata media seems to out perform the crap we get from Ritek USA on a regular basis too :-?
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby code65536 on Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:44 pm

In other news, Traxdata announces plans to slash DVD+R DL quality... ;)

I just hope that this'll force MKM to do the same. Until then, the recent sale at buy.com should be enough satiate the palate for now. :)
code65536
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:24 pm

When reading this, my only thought was that they were clearing out their stock of 2.4x discs in preparation for their 8x DL media.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby dolphinius_rex on Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:57 pm

code65536 wrote:In other news, Traxdata announces plans to slash DVD+R DL quality... ;)

I just hope that this'll force MKM to do the same. Until then, the recent sale at buy.com should be enough satiate the palate for now. :)

Currently, my price on Verbatim is $0.10 higher then my price for RiData... now keep in mind Memorex can get cheaper (Memorex hit $4 CAD here... but the failure rate is horrible!!). Now that I can get Verbatim DVD+RDL in 10pc cake boxes, I can get the media much cheaper then RiData (>$0.50 cheaper per disc, since RiData is in a jewel case).
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Return to DVD Writers