Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Why I prefer Nero 6 to EMC 7.5

Easy Media Creator, Toast, RecordNow, MyDVD, WinOnCD, DLA, etc.

Why I prefer Nero 6 to EMC 7.5

Postby pip22 on Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:21 pm

Okay, so they both now support DVD DL writing -- 1 all so far.
But Roxio have dropped the buffer monitor in Creator Classic -- a big minus in my book -- so 2-1 to nero. Also, Roxio have crippled the bootable CD creation feature which was fully configurable in Easy CD Creator 6 -- you can no longer choose which type of emulation you want -- it's floppy emulation only. It may be unimportant to some, but you're paying more for less. Now it's 3-1 to Nero. Last, but not least, EMC is far too resource hungry compared to Nero, you can tell by how much longer it takes to open it's application windows. Final score? 4-1 to Nero.
At the very least, Roxio will have to put those missing features back to get me even slightly interested.
pip22
Buffer Underrun

Postby eric93se on Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:34 pm

One BIG minus for Nero, is that +R DL movies do not burn correctly, the layer break is not set correctly to work with a stand alone player. THOUSANDS of people are wasting +R DL discs when they try to back up a DL movie, and thats big $$ for consumers. [-X [-X big shame on nero.
Benq DW-1640
ASUS 1608P2 >> Crossflashed to Pioneer 110 -> RAM+Bitsetting+removed riplock+RPC1 :D

Boost Mobile stole my minutes, then would rather loose me as a customer than give back my minutes (thieves).
eric93se
CD-RW Player

Postby pip22 on Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:44 am

I'm sure nero will soon patch that deficiency if enough people bring it to their attention (nero's own forum will be online soon) -- still leaves EMC with more cons than nero.
pip22
Buffer Underrun

Postby dodecahedron on Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:46 am

let us hope so.
+R DL has been around for quite a while, after all.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Return to Sonic Solutions and Roxio