Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero 6 OEM Suite 1 version?

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Postby SkaarjMaster on Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:51 am

The media I used was some Phillips CD-Rs that were on sale about 2-3 months ago that we are using in the office. The TDK that I tried didn't bring up that Smart Burn message and also burned at 52X no problem (Phillips would only burn at 40X even though both are 52X CD-R media). I didn't do any scans.

I have another question. I just installed a Sony CRX230AD burner for someone in their office computer and installed Nero Express 6.3.1.4 (Sony edition) as the burning software (came with burner so it's OEM). It's bringing up a message that says it's incompatible with this version of Windows. Does that mean he has XP SP2 installed and needs to upgrade to a new version of Nero? Is the upgrade free from 6.3.1.4 to an SP2-supported version on the Ahead software website?
MSI (unnamed laptop): GS75 Stealth 95F, Pioneer BDR-XD07B
SKAARJ-LAPTOP: Asus G750JW-NH71
SKAARJMASTERDUO: WinXPSP3,C2D E8600,Gigabyte EP45-UD3P,Pioneer DVR-216D,BenQ DW1655,Asus E818A3T.
SkaarjMaster
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:24 pm

SkaarjMaster wrote:I have another question. I just installed a Sony CRX230AD burner for someone in their office computer and installed Nero Express 6.3.1.4 (Sony edition) as the burning software (came with burner so it's OEM). It's bringing up a message that says it's incompatible with this version of Windows. Does that mean he has XP SP2 installed and needs to upgrade to a new version of Nero? Is the upgrade free from 6.3.1.4 to an SP2-supported version on the Ahead software website?

doesn't make sense.
all versions of Nero 6 are compatible with all versions of Windows since Win98SE. shouldn't matter if it's SP2 or not.
i suggest removal of Nero, clean the registry with the clean tools that can be downloaded from Nero's website, reinstall the version that came with the drive and then update to the latest version for download from Nero's website.

clean tools: http://www.nero.com/nero6/en/Clean_Tools.html
updates: http://www.nero.com/nero6/en/nero-up.php
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby SkaarjMaster on Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:18 pm

Yeh, I mean updates (forgot again). I thought I read somewhere that your Nero 6 has to be 6.3.1.10 or .12 or higher (or something like that) for it to work with XP SP2. Also, I thought OEM versions of Nero couldn't be updated.

This old thread seems like it answers a few of my concerns:
http://www.xpforum.co.uk/forum/archive. ... oblem.html

I may tell him to update and then see what happens.
MSI (unnamed laptop): GS75 Stealth 95F, Pioneer BDR-XD07B
SKAARJ-LAPTOP: Asus G750JW-NH71
SKAARJMASTERDUO: WinXPSP3,C2D E8600,Gigabyte EP45-UD3P,Pioneer DVR-216D,BenQ DW1655,Asus E818A3T.
SkaarjMaster
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:31 pm

hmm OK i might be wrong about the SP2 thing.
but in any case, all versions of Nero 6 can be upgraded to the latest so just update to the latest one hopefully that'll fix it.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Previous

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)