Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Serious Nero WAV editor problem

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Serious Nero WAV editor problem

Postby audiodrome on Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:10 pm

Here's the problem: I'm working in the WAV editor and I go to save and it says something to the effect of "This WAV file is being used by another application and cannot be saved," so then I hit "Don't Save" and the file disappears. When I look it has been deleted. I thought maybe that this was a corrupt Nero file so I reinstalled and the problem went away until it happened again today. I just restarted the computer this time and the problem went away, but I'm concerned because it's happened two days in a row, and these WAV files were NOT BACKED UP! This has only happened to me one other time that I can remember in the five years that I've been using Nero. I’ve heard recall other people having this exact problem and the advice was to install a “clean” version of Nero. I have a perfectly legit version that I bought 4 years ago and I’ve never had any problems. Could it be something I’m trying to do in the editor that makes the program freeze up? The Nero WAV editor is not that powerful. Any ideas what this might be and how to avoid this from happening in the future (other than backing up all of the audio on my computer)?
Paul
audiodrome
CD-RW Thug

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)