Home News Reviews Forums Shop

CD Copy "Read ISRC" Question

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

CD Copy "Read ISRC" Question

Postby audiodrome on Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:06 pm

Since I got my new Sony CDRW drive, I noticed that at the start of Nero CD Copy, it takes it alot longer to analyze the CD (read the media catalog number and ISRC) than it did with my old burner.

My old Sony burner used to zip through this process and now it sometimes takes a couple of minutes. It doesn't seem to matter whether they are factory CDs or burned CDRs.

The strange thing is that about 10% of the discs I try still zip right through the "read," but the rest take 1-2 minutes. Not that it's a big deal, but why do you suppose it's so slow with a newer burner - shouldn't it read faster?

Do I even need to check "Read media catalog number and ISRC" - is this the data that is sent to CDDB to display the contents of the CD or do I not need to read this?

Thanks
Paul
audiodrome
CD-RW Thug

Postby CCampbell on Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:07 pm

Without access to these 'CDs' I can not say for sure. In most cases you do not need to read the Media Catalog Number and ISRC. You normally only want to read the SubChannel data.

The ISRC and Media Catalog Number is used primarly for those who are creating the discs so that they can know where this was Manufactured from, what batch it came from, etc. Not useful to the average user.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby audiodrome on Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:28 pm

Thanks
Paul
audiodrome
CD-RW Thug

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)