Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Lip Sync Problems Burning Video on Nero

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Lip Sync Problems Burning Video on Nero

Postby SirBill61 on Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:03 pm

I don't know if anyone can help, but this has been driving me mad.

I have been burning DVD video (avi files) using Nero 6. They come out fine, but after about 20 minutes viewing the lip sync goes out and gets worse by 42 mins - The audio is slightly behind the picture.

The original avi file does not have a problem as I've checked and the lip sync is fine. I've also tried different manufacturer's DVDs, but same problem. I can only think the problem is in Nero.

I am using Windows XP. I would greatly appreciate any help or advice.

Many thanks.
R
SirBill61
Buffer Underrun

Postby dodecahedron on Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:25 pm

should've searched the forum a little [-X

here's some discussion you might find useful:
http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=20976
in particular note this post
http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic. ... 877#150877
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby CCampbell on Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:16 am

I've been looking into this for some time, and Dodecahedron has provded some good leads for possible causes..

Sometimes the problem is the source file. Other times it has to be our software.

For Example: I've been working with some content provided by the Movie Industry that we are using to convert to Blu-Ray. And on a number of very fast systems, and I do mean very fast, I have this issue with the Video and audio being out of sync for this HD content. Recently I took this same content, using the same version of Nero Vision, but on a very fast system using a CPU from a different MFG, and now the Audio and Video are in sync.

I still need to do more testing, but if I can duplicate this on a consistant basis I'll be able present this to our Engineers and hopefully they can find out why our software is acting this way with certain brand CPUs.

But I'll need to do more testing before I can say for sure this is the case, and not just a intermitant occurance.

Regards,

Craig
Best Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:41 pm

CCampbell wrote:I still need to do more testing, but if I can duplicate this on a consistant basis I'll be able present this to our Engineers and hopefully they can find out why our software is acting this way with certain brand CPUs.

But I'll need to do more testing before I can say for sure this is the case, and not just a intermitant occurance.

well, for me this has been very consistent.
whenever i'd transcode those .avi's with NeroVision and not have both Quality setting: High quality and Encoding mode: High quality (2-pass), there would be audio/video out of sync. definitely repeatable. the problem can be seen when viewing the DVD (burned with Nero 6.6) on a standalone player, or when watching the Video_TS files with Nero ShowTime and Cyberlink PowerDVD 5. and the same source .avi files play just fine (no sync problem) when watched with DivX player or Nero ShowTime.

to me this adds up to: i've ruled out any other possible source of the problem other than NeroVision.

hope that helps.
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby CCampbell on Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:38 pm

Hi Dodecahedron,

I'm still looking into this issue in how it may relate to the NeroVision and the CPU on the system. Still not sure if the CPU plays a factor or not till I do more testing. But if you do not mind, could you tell me what CPU you have on your system or systems that you are seeing this on?

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:36 pm

no problem.
it's an AMD Athlon XP 2000+, Thoroughbred core, 1.66GHz (no overclocking).
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby CCampbell on Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:30 pm

Could anyone else who is running into a Sync issue with the Nero Vision software please respond in kind with the CPU they have on their system where this issue occurs?

Just to be clear, I'm not saying the problem is with the CPU, just a possible problem in how our Nero Vision software is interacting with the CPU.

This is really important, so the more feedback I can get on this the better.

Best Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby zanshin on Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:26 pm

I'm getting similar issues with nero 6 oem and nero 7 which i've just purchased, running an Athlon 64 3200. Sometimes there is a problem with the avi audio as mentioned above and usually running the avi through virtualdub cures the problem, but not always.

Strangely the problem goes completely away with nero 6 oem after the license for the mpeg 4 codec expires, (it seems to only last a month) so I put the system date forward a month, do the avi->dvd recode and audio sync is perfect. Is there anyway to disable this codec in nero 7?
zanshin
Buffer Underrun

Postby Monte-Cristo on Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:43 am

Hi,

I'm having the same problem of sync since about a month and a half. Why ? No idea !!!

Before that, it was perfect.

I went back to an older version of NeroVision Express. I went back to an older version of codecs. I've bought expensive DVDs. Nothing helps.

On the computer the DivX file is perfect. Once converted to DVD, it's out of sync.

I've run Mem86 a whole night to see if this could be a problem of RAM. No problem there.

I've come to the conclusion that it is Nero the problem.

My CPU is Intel Pentium 4, 2.5 Ghz.

I hate having to buy a new software... :evil:
Monte-Cristo
Buffer Underrun

Postby kekes on Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:24 pm

zanshin wrote:I'm getting similar issues with nero 6 oem and nero 7 which i've just purchased, running an Athlon 64 3200. Sometimes there is a problem with the avi audio as mentioned above and usually running the avi through virtualdub cures the problem, but not always.

Strangely the problem goes completely away with nero 6 oem after the license for the mpeg 4 codec expires, (it seems to only last a month) so I put the system date forward a month, do the avi->dvd recode and audio sync is perfect. Is there anyway to disable this codec in nero 7?

after 3 days and trying everything to solve the audio sync problem i have finally done it with PERFECT RESULTS.

i tried everything, older versions of Nero, VirtualDub etc etc etc.

then i saw your suggestion and put it to the test.

IT WORKED!!!

this works for Nero 6 vision express all versions.

DISABLE THE Nero CODECS

its that simple, once this is done you will be able to make dvd's from avi's without the sync problem.

how do you do this.

1.remove your digital plug in serial number. (make sure you keep it somewhere to re enter later) and thats only if you had it in the first place. ignore this step if you didnt

2. put your pc's date forward 1 month so the codecs expire.

3. use Nero vision express, it will now sync correctly.

4. you will know it is working correctly if when u load the avi nero pops up with a box saying the mpeg4 codec has expired. if this happens then its all good.

when done, put your serial number back to you can use recode and other things that are disabled when you remove the serial. also dont forget to put the clock back to the correct date.
kekes
Buffer Underrun

Postby PaulD-UK on Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:21 pm

I have used both the latest Nero 6 version of Recode and Vision Express and the problem still occurs.

I have upgraded to Nero 7 and used recode to extract video programmes (DVD+VR) to their own video_ts folders so each prog is on its own. I am trying to put 4 programmes onto one disc and find the fourth programme has lip sync problems. Playing the video_ts folder for this one programme does not show the lip sync problem. Burning just this one programme to a dvd to play on a dvd player still does not produce the problem.

Playing the mpeg file for this programme from the nerovison folder and everything looks ok.

If I load up this programme into a nero vision project and play from there it is still ok.

It is after I have created the project with menus and gone through the test with the remote control that the lip sync occurs. This then translates to the finished project.

My PC details are as follows:

XP Home SP1

AMD Athlon 64
3200+
2.20GHz
1GB RAM

Paul

Harlow, Essex UK
PaulD-UK
Buffer Underrun

Postby Monte-Cristo on Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:34 am

kekes wrote:
zanshin wrote:
IT WORKED!!!

this works for Nero 6 vision express all versions.

It looked like a good plan, but... it didn't work for me. I have the latest version of NVE, version 3.1.0.25.

When I tried to run it after I erased the serial number and advanced one month, it refused to work unless I gave it the serial number.

Which version did you used ? Thanks.
Monte-Cristo
Buffer Underrun

Postby kekes on Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:08 pm

i am using nero 6.6.0.18 and vision express 3.1.0.21

it is the nero "digital plugin"serial that you must removed (if you have put a serial in for this plugi in)

NOT the actual serial for the nero package as a whole. if you have not activated this plugin with a serial, then you dont remove any serials, just put the clock forward. put it forward 2 months to be on the safe side.
Attachments
nero.jpg
nero.jpg (112.8 KiB) Viewed 38063 times
kekes
Buffer Underrun

Postby Monte-Cristo on Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:29 pm

Thanks for the detailed explanations. But I don't have this Nero "digital plugin"serial. I wonder what it is. I have a full paid version of Nero Ultra 6.

Anyway, I advanced the time two months, but it didn't change anything. NVE opens as usual, and nothing happens when I open an .AVI file.

Thanks for your help. I don't know what to do next.
Monte-Cristo
Buffer Underrun

Postby kekes on Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:45 am

monte, sometimes when u have loaded an avi previously it doesnt show the pop up a second time. if the codecs are disabled you wont be able to use "nero recode". as a test try and open nero recode, if it doesnt let you then the codecs are disabled. if disabled try making a dvd in visionexpress, it should work.

i have tried this on all 3 of my pc. laptop, home, and work. all work using my method. i am running 6.6.0.18 nero and 3.1.0.21 visionexpress
kekes
Buffer Underrun

Postby PaulD-UK on Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:58 pm

I have tried the same install now on a Pentium 4 3GHz SP2 XP Home with the same video files.

Again the video_ts folders play ok for each programme in Showtime but once Nero Visioned and a compiliation created, when running through the remote control preview section the lip sync problem reappears.

Lots of video_ts folders on my HD but nowhere to burn then at the moment! :-(

Regards

Paul

Harlow, Essex UK
PaulD-UK
Buffer Underrun

Postby dodecahedron on Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:34 pm

PaulD-UK wrote:Again the video_ts folders play ok for each programme in Showtime but once Nero Visioned and a compiliation created, when running through the remote control preview section the lip sync problem reappears.

i take it you're talking about Video_TS folders of ripped DVDs, yeah? not the Video_TS created by NeroVision.
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby PaulD-UK on Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:16 pm

Video_ts folders created by Recode when I edit the original dvd+VR programmes 'taped' using a set top recorder.

Sometimes the recorded programme (ie VOB,IFO,BUP files) goes to my folder of choice but sometimes creates a video_ts sub-folder (but not always).

To get them to play in s/w I sometimes need to put the files in a video_ts folder for the s/w to recognize and play.

I create a separate folder for each programme then batch them up using Nero Vision with a menu etc (its not working though)

Regards

Paul
PaulD-UK
Buffer Underrun

Postby victornaman on Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:51 am

Disabling the Nero Codecs does SOLVE the lip sync problem and an easier way to do this is just by renaming a couple of files....

For Nero v7.*.*
In C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter, rename NeAudio2.ax to OLDNeAudio2.ax and rename NeVideo.ax to OLDNeVideo.ax.

For Nero v6.*.*
In C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter, rename NeAudio.ax to OLDNeAudio.ax and rename NeVideo.ax to OLDNeVideo.ax

Hope this helps.
victornaman
Buffer Underrun

Re: Lip Sync Problems Burning Video on Nero

Postby leyburnhealeyman on Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:27 pm

I've been using Nero 9 since about last xmas, and also experience the out of sync problems. I've read all the above, some I understanmd, some I don't. I was a mechanical engineer , so I think my head works a little different to a computer expert. But logic I do have. Some projects have burnt sucessfully, and some haven't. BTW, before anyone wastes a non re writable disc, look at the pre-burning video, if there is out of sync, it can be seen there, chapters help here to search quickly to various parts of the project. I've also seen somewhere that multiple chapters cures the problem, they don't I've fopr some time suspected the editing of the video is the problem, and I think I have at last more or less proved it. Like many of us, I have Windows Movie Maker on my machine, not as versatile as Nero, but it does a job, and what I've been doing is to edit the video on WMM, publish it to the computer, than use Nerovision to make a DVD, rather than make a movie. I've bit by bit added more and more to the projects, so far I've had two titles, about 40 chapters, used the templates for titles and chapters, added music, and picture backgrounds. Since using this method, granted only 5 dvd's so far, none are out of sync. If I do get one go wrong, I';ll post it on here.
leyburnhealeyman
Buffer Underrun

Re: Lip Sync Problems Burning Video on Nero

Postby drpiano1000 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:04 pm

I was having a/v sync issues when burning an AVCHD on DVD. Nero worked perfectly with one AVCHD file alone but when I joined two together (had a piece strung out between two files) the audio lagged. Burned several discs with different settings then tried the "LPCM" setting for audio instead of Dolby. Apparently this solved the problem; video and audio are now in sync again.
drpiano1000
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)