Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Why did all of my jpgs change to Quick Time Pictures?

Anything else

Why did all of my jpgs change to Quick Time Pictures?

Postby audiodrome on Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:26 am

I just recieved a CDR with a bunch of pictures and when I copied them on to my computer, somehow it changed all of my "jpgs" into Quick Time Pictures. How do I change them back?
Paul
audiodrome
CD-RW Thug

Postby smartin4 on Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:23 pm

Have you recently installed/updated Quicktime? It sounds like QT is set as the default viewer for .jpg files.

Go to your folder options (open any folder, go to Tools, folder options)

Click on the File Types tab and scroll down to .jpg. See what program is associated with this file type (sounds like it is QT now)

If it is QT now, click the Change box and select the program you want to use for .jpg files (IE is default w/Windows).

Hope this helps.
smartin4
CD-RW Player

Postby redk9258 on Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:03 am

I hate software that just decides to take over control of your computer without asking. That's one of the things I hate about Nero. I wish Windows watched this during an install and would ask you if you want the file association changed.
redk9258
CD-RW Player

Postby pranav81 on Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:29 am

redk9258 wrote:I hate software that just decides to take over control of your computer without asking. That's one of the things I hate about Nero. I wish Windows watched this during an install and would ask you if you want the file association changed.

Nero?

::Pranav::
Increasingly mathematics will demand the courage to face its implications.
pranav81
CD-RW Player

Postby redk9258 on Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:11 pm

pranav81 wrote:
redk9258 wrote:I hate software that just decides to take over control of your computer without asking. That's one of the things I hate about Nero. I wish Windows watched this during an install and would ask you if you want the file association changed.

Nero?

Yes, after installing Nero, All of my .mpg, .vob files and even .dat files were hijacked. I cannot remember all of them, but come on why hijack a .dat file?
redk9258
CD-RW Player

Postby pranav81 on Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:27 pm

I am still using Nero 6.I didnt face such problems using Nero 6.I am happy with it.Many of my friends have tried Nero 7 and shifted back to Nero 6.

Increasingly mathematics will demand the courage to face its implications.
pranav81
CD-RW Player

Return to General Software Questions