Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Sudan man forced to 'marry' goat

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Sudan man forced to 'marry' goat

Postby Ian on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:37 pm

I don't know what's worse. The fact that the guy was having sex with it or that he had to marry it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4748292.stm

A Sudanese man has been forced to take a goat as his "wife", after he was caught having sex with the animal.

The goat's owner, Mr Alifi, said he surprised the man with his goat and took him to a council of elders.

They ordered the man, Mr Tombe, to pay a dowry of 15,000 Sudanese dinars ($50) to Mr Alifi.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Re: Sudan man forced to 'marry' goat

Postby smartin4 on Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:39 am

Ian wrote:I don't know what's worse. The fact that the guy was having sex with it or that he had to marry it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4748292.stm

A Sudanese man has been forced to take a goat as his "wife", after he was caught having sex with the animal.

The goat's owner, Mr Alifi, said he surprised the man with his goat and took him to a council of elders.

They ordered the man, Mr Tombe, to pay a dowry of 15,000 Sudanese dinars ($50) to Mr Alifi.

:o :o :o
smartin4
CD-RW Player

Postby MediumRare on Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:24 pm

Actually, I think this isn't that bad a solution: let the lover keep his goat, compensate the "previous owner" for an animal that he'd look somewhat askance at and keep the police out of it.

Although the goat-lover probaly won't have an easy time in the village after this. :o

G
MediumRare
CD-RW Translator

Postby dodecahedron on Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:09 pm

funny, i thought it was the bride's family that gave the dowry, in which case teh goat's owner should've been the one paying the other guy for the privilege of marrying the goat...
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby burninfool on Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:38 pm

dodecahedron wrote:funny, i thought it was the bride's family that gave the dowry, in which case teh goat's owner should've been the one paying the other guy for the privilege of marrying the goat...

:lol:
Did the goats father give the bride away or did they elope?
Did the minister ask the bride to say "I do" or "Baaaa"?
burninfool
CD-RW Player

Postby JamieW on Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:01 pm

What exactly does marrying the goat actually accomplish, though? Is the man now required to care for the goat like a wife or can he not slaughter it? Is his dignity somehow restored or is it made worse? What is really done other than he married a goat which really pales in comparison to what he did previously to the goat?

I mean I'd be more ashamed of being known as the guy that has sex with goats than as the guy that is married to the goat.
A man has been charged after allegedly punching a 73-year-old woman in the face, breaking her nose and stabbing her in the arm with a corkscrew before hitting a second woman with a bottle at a wedding reception in the Whitsunday Islands.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby LoneWolf on Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:52 pm

JamieW wrote:What exactly does marrying the goat actually accomplish, though? Is the man now required to care for the goat like a wife or can he not slaughter it? Is his dignity somehow restored or is it made worse? What is really done other than he married a goat which really pales in comparison to what he did previously to the goat?

I mean I'd be more ashamed of being known as the guy that has sex with goats than as the guy that is married to the goat.
Yes, I'd guess he's feeling a little sheepish right now. ;)
Intel Q9450 @3.2GHz, Gigabyte GA EP45-UD3P, 4 x 2GB G.Skill @4-4-4-12
Antec P160SW case (modded), Xigmatek 750w PSU
3x 500GB (RAID-5), , OptiArc 7200S, ASUS E818A3T
Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer, Hauppauge HVR-1800, Radeon 4890
Dell 2407WFP
LoneWolf
CD-RW Player

Return to The Beer Garden