Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero 7.0.8.2 rejecting LAME serial

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero 7.0.8.2 rejecting LAME serial

Postby compman on Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:37 am

I mainly posted this in hope that Craig will see it. Nero 7.0.8.2 will not accept my valid LAME key. I have already posted this with a screenshot in another thread, but hopefully the title of this post will attract Craig’s attention. Has anybody else had this problem? The "demo" problem still exists in add/remove programs too. One would think this would be a simple fix.
compman
Buffer Underrun

Postby hoxlund on Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:10 am

is the nero demo title that bad?

how often do you go into add/remove programs?

also what is this lame key your talking about?
Thermaltake Core X5 Snow Edition TG Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
AMD Threadripper 1950x @ 4.1GHz
Custom Loop w/ EK MSI x399 Monoblock
G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 3200 RGB Memory
MSI 1080Ti Lightning X Video Card
hoxlund
CD-RW Player

LAME key

Postby compman on Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:47 pm

First off, something I paid for shouldn't be listed as a demo. And, it seems like poor programming on Nero's part.

For unlimited use of the LAME .mp3 encoder in Nero, you have to register and then you receive a key from Nero, which you have to enter. All Nero 7 versions have accepted the key until 7.0.8.2. I guess it's a new bug introduced with this latest update.
compman
Buffer Underrun

Re: LAME key

Postby tazdevl on Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:55 pm

compman wrote:First off, something I paid for shouldn't be listed as a demo. And, it seems like poor programming on Nero's part.

I'm in complete agreement. This is a stupidly simple fix for the guys @ Nero to do. It's a minor issue but that the same time I want to be ackowledged if I buy the software and don't pirate it like many others.
RIG:
P4 2.6C, Thermalright SP94/Panaflo 92MM M1A, IC7 Max3, Swifty MCX159, 1GB Geil PC4000 Ultra Plat, Radeon 8500, Audigy 2, 2X WD Raptor RAID 0, WD 250GB SE, Plex 708A, 166SDVD, LianLi PC75, XP Pro.
tazdevl
CD-RW Player

Re: LAME key

Postby tazdevl on Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:45 pm

compman wrote:For unlimited use of the LAME .mp3 encoder in Nero, you have to register and then you receive a key from Nero, which you have to enter. All Nero 7 versions have accepted the key until 7.0.8.2. I guess it's a new bug introduced with this latest update.

FYI mine was accepted fine. Perhaps you have a space at the end of yours, sometimes happy when you just double click. That might be the cause of it being rejected.
RIG:
P4 2.6C, Thermalright SP94/Panaflo 92MM M1A, IC7 Max3, Swifty MCX159, 1GB Geil PC4000 Ultra Plat, Radeon 8500, Audigy 2, 2X WD Raptor RAID 0, WD 250GB SE, Plex 708A, 166SDVD, LianLi PC75, XP Pro.
tazdevl
CD-RW Player

LAME serial

Postby compman on Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:55 pm

Well, for what it's worth, after reading your post I tried again. I entered the serial carefully by hand. I still have the same problem. It must not be every number. Thanks for trying to help.
compman
Buffer Underrun

Re: Nero 7.0.8.2 rejecting LAME serial

Postby CCampbell on Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:11 pm

compman wrote:I mainly posted this in hope that Craig will see it. Nero 7.0.8.2 will not accept my valid LAME key. I have already posted this with a screenshot in another thread, but hopefully the title of this post will attract Craig’s attention. Has anybody else had this problem? The "demo" problem still exists in add/remove programs too. One would think this would be a simple fix.

Hi Compman,

I would hope someone has assist you already with this issue. I've very sorry for the very late response on this issue from me, but I just couldn't get any free time till now to attend this forum or any other one.

This issue has become a known issue and only affects a small number of customers, and we are not quite sure why yet...but here is the work around...

Work around:

You must manually enter the lame serial number directly into the registry:

Create a new entry in the registry under:

H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ahead\Installation\Families\Nero 7\Info

Right Click on the Info folder Select (New>String Value)

Right click on new string and Rename to “Serial7”

After changing string name, you now must modify the string (Right Click and Select Modify)

Type in your lame mp3 serial number and click OK

Note: If you use any other name than "Nero 7" for the entry the lame serial number will not be recognized by Nero !

PS. The serial key seen in the picture is not valid, nor the full serial key. So the serial key you use will look different of course.

Regards,

Craig
Best Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Re: Nero 7.0.8.2 rejecting LAME serial

Postby kipper on Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:36 pm

CCampbell wrote:
compman wrote:I mainly posted this in hope that Craig will see it. Nero 7.0.8.2 will not accept my valid LAME key. I have already posted this with a screenshot in another thread, but hopefully the title of this post will attract Craig’s attention. Has anybody else had this problem? The "demo" problem still exists in add/remove programs too. One would think this would be a simple fix.

Hi Compman,

I would hope someone has assist you already with this issue. I've very sorry for the very late response on this issue from me, but I just couldn't get any free time till now to attend this forum or any other one.

This issue has become a known issue and only affects a small number of customers, and we are not quite sure why yet...but here is the work around...

Work around:

You must manually enter the lame serial number directly into the registry:

Create a new entry in the registry under:

H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ahead\Installation\Families\Nero 7\Info

Right Click on the Info folder Select (New>String Value)

Right click on new string and Rename to “Serial7”

After changing string name, you now must modify the string (Right Click and Select Modify)

Type in your lame mp3 serial number and click OK

Note: If you use any other name than "Nero 7" for the entry the lame serial number will not be recognized by Nero !

PS. The serial key seen in the picture is not valid, nor the full serial key. So the serial key you use will look different of course.

Regards,

Craig

Thanks Craig

Work around does the trick; hopfully Ahead will have this one addressed in the next update; be the shits to have to fix this bug with all updates.

kipper
kipper
Buffer Underrun

workaround

Postby compman on Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:44 pm

Craig,

The workaround works. Thanks. Nobody helped me with this until you did. I even e-mailed support and got a canned response stating that the issue would be fixed in the next update. There was no mention of a workaround. FYI, the bug was introduced in 7.0.8.2. Version 7.0.5.4 accepted my serial without problems. I hope that is helpful information.
compman
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:54 pm

Hmm, strange.

I got the solution from our support team, so they should have been aware of the work around already. :-?

And I also hope its resovled in future build. :-)

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

New version...

Postby compman on Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:37 am

Craig,

The new version does indeed correct the LAME serial number problem. It also appears to fix many more problems. Progress at last! (But I am seeing a very slow startup with NeroVision Express. Others have reported this too.)
compman
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)