Home News Reviews Forums Shop

help! cdrw/dvd MITSUMI DR-6800TE CAN'T NOT READ FILE

Burn baby burn!

help! cdrw/dvd MITSUMI DR-6800TE CAN'T NOT READ FILE

Postby huycu on Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:28 pm

HI!

I have the DVD/CDRW MITSUMI DR-6800TE, I don't know what happen. now every CD I put in that drive, the CD will open, but it seem NO file in the CD at all.

YES! my PC detect the drive everything.

The problem is the drive CAN'T read any file on the the disk.

CAN you tell me what going with drive, how do i fix the problem?
huycu
Buffer Underrun

Postby TheWizard on Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:38 am

A couple troubleshooting questions to answer:

Have you tried putting different discs in the drive? Obviously, make sure you put a disc in the drive with data on it so the drive will have something to read.

Did you try installing the drive in another computer? Just because the operating system recognizes the drive doesn't mean it fully works. If you place it in another computer and it doesn't read discs, then I would say the drive is shot.

Also, what operating system are you using, along with the processor and motherboard?
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby huycu on Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:05 am

TheWizard wrote:A couple troubleshooting questions to answer:

Have you tried putting different discs in the drive? Obviously, make sure you put a disc in the drive with data on it so the drive will have something to read.

Did you try installing the drive in another computer? Just because the operating system recognizes the drive doesn't mean it fully works. If you place it in another computer and it doesn't read discs, then I would say the drive is shot.

Also, what operating system are you using, along with the processor and motherboard?

I got this drive like 6 months already, it was working normal, till recently

tried with couple Cds already, same result.

the system detecting the Drive, ejected, closed, I mean like normal drive, BUT the drive WON"T read the file(s). Another word is when I try to open the drive, it seem like I open the blank HD( nothing in it)

what should I need to drive to fix the prblem?
huycu
Buffer Underrun

dr-6800 te

Postby perieanuo on Sat May 20, 2006 4:10 pm

I think the drive have a firmware bug/defect.I have same problem and the drive don't work in udma mode,only pio.If you found firmware upgrade-I doubt we shall found this-please make it public.
perieanuo
Buffer Underrun

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives