Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero 7 Premium OEM

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero 7 Premium OEM

Postby Ozymandias on Thu May 18, 2006 6:59 pm

A large internet retailer in the UK is selling "Nero 7 Premium OEM" - media only with key.

Has an OEM version of Nero 7 Premium been released ? (I've seen Nero 7 Ultra OEM but not the Premium version)
Ozymandias
Buffer Underrun

Postby Ian on Thu May 18, 2006 7:55 pm

I didn't know that Nero was offering an OEM version of Nero 7 yet. Most drive manufacturers are still bundling Nero 6.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby CCampbell on Fri May 19, 2006 1:41 pm

In the United States, all of our OEMs are still using Nero 6.6

And for Nero 7, the OEM build will not be Nero 7 Premium OEM, as Nero 7 Premium is the name to indicate a Retail build in Europe and Rest of the World markets.

All Nero 7 OEM builds, be it in the US or Europe or ROTW, will be refered to as Nero 7 Essentails.

I do believe a few OEMs in Europe may be ramping up with a Nero 7 Essentials build, but this is not my market so I could not say for sure if this is the case.
For the US, we are awaiting a few key features to be enabled before we offer a Nero 7 Essentials to OEMs here. I hope these feature will be added before this month is out, so that we can provide Nero 7 Essentials to OEMs in the US.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby Ozymandias on Sat May 20, 2006 7:14 am

Thanks for the clarification.

Well the software arrived today - a pressed CD with a sticky label "Nero 7 Premium OEM" and Install Key.

Googling a part of the supplied key finds the full key on a warez board. I've contacted the vendor and Ahead - I'm currently awaiting a response.

Ozymandias
Buffer Underrun

Postby burninfool on Sat May 20, 2006 2:07 pm

I'm no expert but I would say you bought a pirated copy and you are out of luck.
burninfool
CD-RW Player

Postby Ozymandias on Sat May 20, 2006 2:37 pm

burninfool wrote:I'm no expert but I would say you bought a pirated copy and you are out of luck.

Yes it looks that way but I believe the vendor is reimbursing customers.
Ozymandias
Buffer Underrun

Postby TCAS on Sat May 20, 2006 4:07 pm

There is a rumor going around different forum that Nero 8 will be out soon and even some body claimed yesterday that he saw Nero 7 for $29.99 at Staples and we he asked store manager about the price being low he was told that they are making room for Nero8. Has any one else heard similar news?
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Postby Justin42 on Sat May 20, 2006 4:29 pm

Being as Nero 7 is still fairly unusable (compared to past versions) with bugs and the like, a short term Nero 8 release would be either great news (i.e., they realised it was a wounded animal and put it out of its misery) or horrible news (Hey!! More cool new stuff that doesn't work either!!!)

Craig's basically said that he's not aware of an imminent Nero 8 in another post around here but you never know what's cooking back in Germany.
Justin42
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Sat May 20, 2006 5:15 pm

sauerkraut :lol:
Last edited by dodecahedron on Sun May 21, 2006 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby CCampbell on Sat May 20, 2006 7:19 pm

Hi Ozymandias,

That is not an OEM bundle, so it unfortuneately is pirated. All Nero 7 OEM bundles will be referred to as Nero 7 Essentials.

Hi TCAS,

I can guarantee that there is not a Nero 8 coming out in 2006. We have a lot of bug fixes and improvements we still need and want to do. And we have quite a number of features we still plan on adding to Nero 7, as Nero 7 is not anywere near where we envision it to be as it is today. We only have updates planned for Nero 7.

Best Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby Ozymandias on Sun May 21, 2006 3:06 am

CCampbell wrote:Hi Ozymandias,

That is not an OEM bundle, so it unfortuneately is pirated. All Nero 7 OEM bundles will be referred to as Nero 7 Essentials.

Craig

I was pretty certain it looked dodgy when it arrived!

Three vendors in the UK seem to have them. The largest has suspended sales - in stock but not for sale. The other two are still selling them.
Ozymandias
Buffer Underrun

Postby TCAS on Sun May 21, 2006 6:58 pm

CCampbell wrote:Hi Ozymandias,

Hi TCAS,

I can guarantee that there is not a Nero 8 coming out in 2006. We have a lot of bug fixes and improvements we still need and want to do. And we have quite a number of features we still plan on adding to Nero 7, as Nero 7 is not anywere near where we envision it to be as it is today. We only have updates planned for Nero 7.

Best Regards,

Thanks Craig for the clarification on this latest rumor for Nero 8.

Best Regards;

TCAS

Craig
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)