Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero 7 Ultra Edition

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero 7 Ultra Edition

Postby Tiger on Wed May 24, 2006 7:06 pm

Hello, I purchased Nero 7 Ultra Edition in hopes of using it to upload DV video from my new camcorder (Panasonic gs-59). I loaded the software and it found my Win TV card but when I go into the "Capture Video" option it don't see my camcorder only my TV card. Anyone have any suggestions? I have already tried the software on another machine to see it there was a conflict with my TV card and nothing. I also down loaded the latest updates from Nero and still nothing.
Tiger
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Thu May 25, 2006 1:09 pm

How do you have our Digital Camcorder connected to your computer?

You must use a 1394/Firewire connection to connect your Camcorder to your Computer, if you wish Nero Vision to detect and capture from the device.

At this time, Nero Vision will not detect a Camcorder connected to the computer via USB

Best Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby Tiger on Thu May 25, 2006 4:12 pm

Yes, I was told at Best Buy that using a USB cable would work fine. Not to sound stupid but I see there is a fire wire connection on the camera but where does it connect on the computer? Do I need to buy another card?
Scott
Tiger
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Thu May 25, 2006 4:30 pm

If your computer does not come with Firewire/1394 built into it, then yes, you would need to purchase an Add-On controller to support 1394. Average price is anywhere from $19.99 to $39.99

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby Tiger on Thu May 25, 2006 5:14 pm

Thank you for all your help
Scott
Tiger
Buffer Underrun

Postby Tiger on Thu May 25, 2006 6:52 pm

I do have a fire wire port, went to staples and bought the wire still nothing. Any other suggestions?
Scott
Tiger
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:04 pm

Hi Tiger,

Sorry for the delay in my response, but I did not have this model Panasonic Camcorder in house to test with. I had only the Cannon GL1 NTSC and the Sony HDR-HC1 NTSC to test with, and of course both of those worked fine through the Firewire connection.

I 'rented' the Panasonic GS-59 from Fry's Electronics. :D

And ran a few quick tests, and it works fine on all my machines, running Windows XP or W2K.

Can you go to your Control Panel, and Device Manager and confirm if your Firewire controller is loaded properly?

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)