Home News Reviews Forums Shop

X-Men: The Last Stand

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

X-Men: The Last Stand

Postby Ian on Sun May 28, 2006 10:42 am

I went and saw this movie with my wife and some friends last night. Parts of it could have been better but it was an entertaining flick. If you haven't seen it yet, make sure you say until the very end. You'll miss a very interesting part.

Best quote of the movie.. "I'm Juggernaut bitch!"
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby TheWizard on Tue May 30, 2006 2:41 am

I agree, I died laughing after hearing Juggernaut say that. :lol: He looks weird too, what with his helmet and all.

If you go into the movie not expecting much, yes, it is entertaining. And I don't read X-Men comics, so for me it was a nice movie. My friend, who I saw it with, does read the comics, and he noticed several inconsistencies. Nevertheless, he admitted that the movie wasn't bad, and he and I concurred that X-Men 1 and 2 were better flicks.

I'm not going to spoil anything, but there are a couple interesting twists and turns!
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Re: X-Men: The Last Stand

Postby MonsterMan on Tue May 30, 2006 6:31 pm

Ian wrote:Best quote of the movie.. "I'm Juggernaut bitch!"

Nah...gotta be "Grow THOSE back!"
BenQ 1655, BenQ 1620, LG 4167, Plex PX-716SA, Samsung SH-S162L, SH-S182M, Pioneer 111D, Lite-On SHM-165H6S and 1.9TB of HDDs to feed 'em and an X2/4800 to crunch for 'em.
MonsterMan
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Tue May 30, 2006 7:28 pm

Yeah, that was my wife's favorite quote.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby JamieW on Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:05 am

Movie sucked. Plot was thin. Phoenix contributed nothing specifically to the plot. The character didn't even need to exist. The mutant detecting mutant was also such a flimsy plot device and had no other purpose other than a plot device. It was really disappointing. I give it -40918 thumbs up.
A man has been charged after allegedly punching a 73-year-old woman in the face, breaking her nose and stabbing her in the arm with a corkscrew before hitting a second woman with a bottle at a wedding reception in the Whitsunday Islands.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Return to The Beer Garden