Home News Reviews Forums Shop

&*#! Coffee Anan (i don't care what the correct spelling

What was that?

&*#! Coffee Anan (i don't care what the correct spelling

Postby dodecahedron on Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:17 pm

well.
if i would put to writing what i think of him (and a few other diplomats/statesmen, mostly European), and what i'd like to do to him, i would get permanently banned from this website. and quite possibly jailed too.
so i'll just settle for the title of the topic.
<vent over>
<profile/Location updated>
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby Ian on Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:55 pm

Feel free to go off. That's what this section of the forum is for.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby dodecahedron on Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:30 pm

thanks, but i'll decline.
i'll be breaking rules 1,2,1,2,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,2,2,1,2,1,1,2,1,1,1,1,1,2,1,2,2,1,2. and 1.

CDRLabs Forum Rules

1. Derogatory or abusive comments regarding race, ethnic background, language, sexual preference or religion are strictly prohibited.

2. Please refrain from using excessive profanity.

and a few others that aren't there yet but you would be adding after reading my excessively foul post.

so i'll stop here.
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby dodecahedron on Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:32 pm

well...i feel better already!
thank God (and Ian) for the Rants n' Raves forum :D
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby CowboySlim on Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:00 pm

10-4, Dode. I think he's a useless, arrogant, scumbag, corrupt POS, too.
But, aren't they all? Goes with the territory.
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:19 pm

Isn't his first name Kofi or something?
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby oslik3 on Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:57 pm

dodec

are you in the center of the country ?
i wish everyone around you is safe
also, i wish for a quick(er) resolution of the "problem" (i know i am dreaming)...
oslik3
CD-RW Thug

Postby dodecahedron on Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:12 pm

yeah, i'm in the central part of Israel (Tel Aviv area).

we're patiently waiting for the 'hot zone' to extend further and further south and eventually reach the Tel Aviv area (the most densely populated part of the country). :o
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby Dartman on Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:54 pm

Well I hope you guys clear a few of the rats out before they make you stop. I don't understand how its horrible when you guys finally say enough is enough , but them attacking civilian targets seems to be OK.
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:42 am

I've always liked Kofi Annan, he usually has a good view of global situations and is fair in saying what should be done to benefit all.

With that being said, what you appear to be angry over is his comment that the Israeli attack on a UN observation post was deliberate, which is taking it too far.

Should Israel have been more careful? Of course. Was the attack deliberate? I strongly doubt it.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby CowboySlim on Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:57 am

Kofi is a lying scumbag. He had his son in that corrupt Oil for Iraq food deal. He made millions by cheating and lying. They are anti-American slime.

Should Israel have been more careful? Of course. Was the attack deliberate? I strongly doubt it.

It doesn't matter.
As "Peacekeepers", the UN scum were totally useless; they did nothing to keep the peace.
They were nothing more the Hizbollah syncophants and were their human shields.
If they couldn't keep the peace and disarm the genocidal Hizboballahs,
they ought to have gotten out of there.
They should not have been there when the Israelis struck their outpost.
They should have pulled out and follow Kofi from useless meeting to useless press conference and carry his briefcase.
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:16 am

aviationwiz wrote:I've always liked Kofi Annan, he usually has a good view of global situations and is fair in saying what should be done to benefit all.

With that being said, what you appear to be angry over is his comment that the Israeli attack on a UN observation post was deliberate, which is taking it too far.

i state unequivocally that the IDF targets only the terrorist militia.
any civilian casualties and UN personell hurt are accidentally.
the Hizballa intetionally targets Israeli civilians.

why doesn't that SUN OF A BITCH MOTHERFUCKER BASTARD MAY HIS BLOOD BOIL IN HIM AND MAY HE DIE OF MASSIVE ANAL WARTS say anything about Hizballa intentionally targetin Israeli civilians ?

oh yeah i keep forgetting Israeli life is no important, Israeli blood is OK to spill.

as for the UN troops and observers, well we see how good they done their job of keeping the peace in southern Lebanon, right ? fuckers. since they're so incompetent why dont they just clear out of there ?

mr. fucker Anan, newsflash: if you're an observer in a war-zone there's a possibility you might be killed. if you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen, as the saying goes.
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby Dartman on Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:43 pm

Why don't you tell us how you really feel... :wink: And I agree with you
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:39 pm

Anyone else wonder why the heck UN observers were walking around in a battlefield? I mean, you gotta be pretty retarded to do that. I think that war and violence is so heavily televised these days that people forget that you can actually die out there.

As far as keeping the peace, the UN did a craptastic job in Yugoslavia. I don't think they'll do much good in Israel either.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby smartin4 on Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:51 pm

!$^%$@^$^&@%#^&%^&!%^&%!*&&^^%^@%^%^%@^&

:-# :-# :-# :-#

This post has been censored as to not offend anyone by disclosing my true feelings about the UN, terrorists, and the countries that support the terrorists.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
smartin4
CD-RW Player

Postby CowboySlim on Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:37 pm

Ian wrote:Anyone else wonder why the heck UN observers were walking around in a battlefield? I mean, you gotta be pretty retarded to do that. I think that war and violence is so heavily televised these days that people forget that you can actually die out there.

As far as keeping the peace, the UN did a craptastic job in Yugoslavia. I don't think they'll do much good in Israel either.

There was an article in the LATimes this AM about the UN observers at a post near the Israeli border.
The reporter was interviewing two of these otherwise unemployables as they were hunkered down in their bomb shelter.
They admitted that they are weaponless, powerless, useless, hopeless, helpless and scared witless.
They acknowledged the fact that the Hisballahs bring their rocket launchers right up to their UN Oupost gate an launch hoping that the Israelis will not attack them so close to the feckless UN guys.

It must be tough on them.
Why else would one take that job?
Because they couldn't make it as burger flippers.

And Kofi's big solution is to send in more of these UN Peacekeepers?

Now we've had six shot, with one dead at a Seattle synagog.
Pending........
Follow up:
The gunman, who employees said claimed to be a Muslim angry at Israel, forced his way through the security door at the Jewish Federation after an employee had punched in her security code, said Marla Meislin-Dietrich, a co-worker who was not at the building at the time.

Staff members said they overheard him saying "'I am a Muslim American, angry at Israel,' before opening fire on everyone," Meislin-Dietrich said. "He was randomly shooting at everyone."
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby CowboySlim on Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:37 am

More:
The gunman is a U.S. citizen, and police said initial contacts with him by phone while he was inside the building indicated that he was a Muslim.

Amy Wasser-Simpson, the federation's vice president, told the Seattle Times in a story on its Web site that the man got past security at the building and shouted, "I'm a Muslim American; I'm angry at Israel," before he began shooting.

"This was a purposeful, hateful act as far as we know, by an individual acting alone," said Seattle Mayor Greg Nickels at a news conference, adding "This is a crime of hate."
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:27 am

Dartman wrote:Why don't you tell us how you really feel... :wink: And I agree with you

you can tell how agitated i was when writing that post by the number of spelling errors :D

UN observers in a war zone: fine, but don't forget that it's possible you might die. if you do die don't complain about it. if you don't want that happening clear out. nobody's going to garanttee your safety.

one more thing about the UN observers:
the Hizballa attacked an Israeli army post right on the border a few years ago (5 or 6 can't remember) and kidnapped a soldier or two. UN observers were right there, did nothing to stop it and actually helped the Hizballa out in getting away! (sorry, fuzzy on the details).

this shows how successful the UN observers/peace forces are at keepin keepin the peace. and we (Israel) is supposed to agree to a ceasefire, let Hizballa keep their weapons, and entrust our safety to that ?
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby bill on Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:20 am

Kofi :evil:

His stupid comments have done nothing but deflect attention away from Hizballa when in fact Hizballa's actions are responsible for what happened at the UN post.

Kofi should be talking about Iran and Syria for enabling this war. While he's at it, he should blame the politicians of the free world that continually make excuses for terrorist organizations.

And then we have Arab Nations like Jordan, Egypt and Saudi Arabia that privately support Israel's fight against Hizballa.. If they really support Israel privately why not be men and support the fight against Hizballa openly? Shouldn't leaders lead? How can anyone expect the fight against terrorism to succeed if it's not a team effort. All too frequently it appears that Arab leaders drop the ball when they have a opportunity to take the moral high ground because they're afraid and more concerned about self preservation.
Last edited by bill on Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
bill
CD-RW Supplier

Postby bill on Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:22 am

CowboySlim wrote:More:
The gunman is a U.S. citizen, and police said initial contacts with him by phone while he was inside the building indicated that he was a Muslim.

Amy Wasser-Simpson, the federation's vice president, told the Seattle Times in a story on its Web site that the man got past security at the building and shouted, "I'm a Muslim American; I'm angry at Israel," before he began shooting.

"This was a purposeful, hateful act as far as we know, by an individual acting alone," said Seattle Mayor Greg Nickels at a news conference, adding "This is a crime of hate."

You know what's scary, Slim? It may have been a lone individual but it also has the appearance of a cultural act. Do you think this is going to be a long struggle?
bill
CD-RW Supplier

Postby CowboySlim on Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:13 am

The gunman, Naveed Afzal Haq, 31, was arrested without a struggle at the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle, where the shooting took place. He was later charged by Seattle police with one count of murder and five counts of attempted murder.
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:05 pm

CowboySlim wrote:He was later charged by Seattle police with one count of murder and five counts of attempted murder.

I hope those were charged as being a hate crime as well, not just a regular crime. Should up the sentence.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby LoneWolf on Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:34 am

Anan is a weak man in charge of a weak organization.

Then again, I suppose that even if he did take strong stands where needed, the fact that the U.N. is a toothless tiger would make his stands at least partially ineffectual.

The organization's largest/most powerful nations play nice until international law doesn't come down on their side; then they disregard the U.N. and do whatever they want; the U.N. has little power (or perhaps little will) to punish this disregard. Corrupt smaller nations care little for U.N. sanctions; that is assuming other nations manage to agree on imposing them (i.e., "We're selling that nation weapons and really don't want to lose the business, so we'll oppose the sanctions"). While there are military/peacekeeping forces under the U.N.'s control, they're rarely used in an effective manner, and it seems that often they aren't sent where they might be needed most.

IMO, the U.N. is only a solution because it's better than having no solution at all. It serves to keep dialogue open between nations that might otherwise not happen, and it does allow for better infrastructure and support of humanitarian aid to some third-world countries. But much of the U.N.'s purpose is really doomed by the very countries that are members of it.
Intel Q9450 @3.2GHz, Gigabyte GA EP45-UD3P, 4 x 2GB G.Skill @4-4-4-12
Antec P160SW case (modded), Xigmatek 750w PSU
3x 500GB (RAID-5), , OptiArc 7200S, ASUS E818A3T
Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer, Hauppauge HVR-1800, Radeon 4890
Dell 2407WFP
LoneWolf
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:46 am

yeah. he's gone now, only to be replaced by another ineffectual chairperson (if that's his title).
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby Bhairav on Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:09 am

dodecahedron wrote:yeah. he's gone now, only to be replaced by another ineffectual chairperson (if that's his title).

Ban-Ki Moon. Korean.
Q6600@3.1Ghz | Asus P5Q-E | 4GB DDR2-800 | 8800GT | 4TB HDD | Viewsonic vx2025wm
Xonar DX | Pioneer DVR-212 | Pioneer 111L | Benq 1655
Bhairav
CD-RW Player

Next

Return to Rants n' Raves