Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Snakes On A Mother*&#!ing Plane

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Snakes On A Mother*&#!ing Plane

Postby Ian on Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:12 pm

Anyone going to see this movie next week? It has gotta be the corniest plot I've ever heard of but hey, it's got Samuel L. Jackson in it.

Oh yeah.. this is awesome too:

http://snakesonaplane.varitalk.com/

I hear that JamieW got a call, telling him to take Boy George to see the movie. :D
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby dolphinius_rex on Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:40 pm

I'm not sure if I'll be seeing it the opening week, but I'll be seeing fairly soon. I've got a bunch of friends I'll be going to see it with. We're planning on bringing a bunch of plastic and stuffed snakes to the theatre :lol:
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:04 pm

dolphinius_rex wrote:We're planning on bringing a bunch of plastic and stuffed snakes to the theatre :lol:

Please tell me you're going to thrown them out in the audience. :D
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby hoxlund on Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:17 pm

just as long as no trouser snakes get loose everyone will be fine
Thermaltake Core X5 Snow Edition TG Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
AMD Threadripper 1950x @ 4.1GHz
Custom Loop w/ EK MSI x399 Monoblock
G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 3200 RGB Memory
MSI 1080Ti Lightning X Video Card
hoxlund
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:25 pm

Ian wrote:
dolphinius_rex wrote:We're planning on bringing a bunch of plastic and stuffed snakes to the theatre :lol:

Please tell me you're going to thrown them out in the audience. :D

Hrm... I have a feeling I'd get thrown out of the theatre doing that :lol:

If I was going to a cheapy theatre that I didn't mind never being allowed to return to, then I probably would! :wink:
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby Spazmogen on Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:50 pm

Pee Wee Herman would do that in a theatre.
Spazmogen
CD-RW Player

Postby Morpheus on Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:53 pm

I saw the prewiew for it a couple of months ago, so I was planning on seeing it then. Two days ago, while on my way home, the DJ on the FM station I was listening to was talking about it. He said he had called some phone number and got a recording from Samual L Jackson saying to go see Snakes On The Plane and bring his co-worker. Samual L Jackson used the DJ's name and his co-worker's name. So I'm not sure if anyone can call this phone number, state their name and a friend's name, then the system plays the recording from Samual L Jackson using the correct names. It was pretty funny and I was laughing through it. :D
Morpheus
CD-RW Player

Postby MonsterMan on Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:39 pm

Well, you guys bring the plastic snakes...I'll bring these... :)
BenQ 1655, BenQ 1620, LG 4167, Plex PX-716SA, Samsung SH-S162L, SH-S182M, Pioneer 111D, Lite-On SHM-165H6S and 1.9TB of HDDs to feed 'em and an X2/4800 to crunch for 'em.
MonsterMan
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:09 pm

Morpheus, check that link I posted. You can send those messages to anyone if you have their phone number.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Morpheus on Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:33 pm

Oops, I didn't see that link. I found the radio's website and after poking around there, I found that same link as you posted.
Morpheus
CD-RW Player

Postby TheWizard on Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:01 am

Saw it tonight and it rocked, of course! It was incredible, the audience in my particular movie theater started clapping as the movie started! We must've clapped a total of 10 times throughout the flick.

Best movie ever, period.
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:40 am

Yeah, this movie has gotten excellent reviews. One of the ones my wife read called it the next Rocky Horror Picture Show.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Ian on Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:36 pm

Some idiots released live rattle snakes in a theatre.

http://www.local6.com/news/9717727/detail.html
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby smartin4 on Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:27 pm

I'm sure they thought it was hilarious, idiots. :roll:

I really am worried about people when stuff like this is considered "fun".

What would these dipshits have done if someone got bitten, and possibly died, would it have been worth it?
smartin4
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:30 pm

New movies always seem to draw out the idiots. I remember seeing the first Xmen movie on opening night. When the movie was over, some retards decided to light off some fireworks and thrown them down on the people leaving the theatre. I almost got my head blown off.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby TheWizard on Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:30 am

"Officials believe the snakes were smuggled into the theater in backpacks."

I've never seen a moviegoer enter a theater with a backpack, and if they do, I'm sure the attendants would check it first. Not for snakes, mind you, but for things like food or drinks, since theater owners hate people who sneak in food and beverages. By all means, don't sneak that Coke in the theater, but a snake? Sure, why not?! :roll:

Pretty soon they are going to check and double-check everyone that goes into and out of a movie theater, much like security does at an airport. That's my new pet peeve; since one idiot snuck a liquid bomb onto a plane, I'm not allowed to travel with a carry-on bag which has anything liquid in it. I can't even put toothpaste in my carry-on! What if I'm flying to meet a hot chick and I want to brush my teeth on the plane before I meet her in the terminal? New regulations say I don't have this privilege. POPPYCOCK!

Sorry, I just think certain things in the world have gotten way out of hand.
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby Morpheus on Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:03 pm

Ok, that is so weird. I saw the movie last week, and as I was leaving the theater, I wondering what are they going to do for a sequel - snakes in the theater?

There were a couple of scenes where Samual L Jackson had this strange expression on his face and his eyes were buldging out - I cracked up laughing.

BTW, it wasn't me who did that. :-^
Morpheus
CD-RW Player

Postby TheWizard on Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:14 am

The sequel will either be entitled Snakes on a Train or Snakes on a Chain. The former is pretty obvious, although according to imdb.com, there already is a movie called Snakes on a Train. No matter, I'm sure Samuel L. and the gang can make a better one.

As for the latter, Snakes on a Chain, did you guys see the previews before Snakes on a Plane? One of the previews was for a movie with Samuel L. and Christina Ricci called Black Snake Moan. Needless to say, the fact that Sam is in two successive flicks with "Snake" in the title is pretty ironic, and hilarious at the same time. In Black Snake Moan, Christina Ricci plays an alcoholic, party animal who was sexual abused growing up. Samuel's character is a religious man whose goal is to end Ricci's wild behavior. From the preview, evidently Ricci's character spends most of the movie chained to Jackson's character's sofa. Hence the sequel, Snakes on a Chain.

Personally, I don't know if Snakes on a Chain will be as good as Snakes on a Plane. Probably not, although I still intend on seeing Black Snake Moan just to discover why Sam gets his jollies out of chaining Ricci to his couch.
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Return to The Beer Garden