Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Making Fun of Sony thread

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Making Fun of Sony thread

Postby dolphinius_rex on Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:41 pm

As we all know, Toshiba recently roasted Sony about their BluRay media, and claimed it would bend and warp under heat expansion stress, potentially damaging the burner/reader.

More recently Sony came out as saying that their PS3 would only have 400,000 units in North America, and 100,000 units in Japan on their launch date, and Europe would no longer be included on that date.

Perhaps the worst news of the bunch is the rumours now circulating that Sony's famed "Giant Enemy Crabs" will in fact be only slightly larger then normal, and want to be your friends. Futher rumours report the real time weapon switching to be laggy, and as if that wasn't enough, the famed Ridge Racer is being renamed "Cliff Racer" due to MPEG 2 encoding problems with the BD-ROM based games. Apparently Ridge's just didn't come out looking right.

Sony enthusiasts have been reported to be excited about the new found Crab-a-gotchi's and look forward to taking their racing to the "cliffs". Other's however are not so optomistic...

More news as I make it up :wink:
Last edited by dolphinius_rex on Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby MonsterMan on Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:33 pm

=D>
BenQ 1655, BenQ 1620, LG 4167, Plex PX-716SA, Samsung SH-S162L, SH-S182M, Pioneer 111D, Lite-On SHM-165H6S and 1.9TB of HDDs to feed 'em and an X2/4800 to crunch for 'em.
MonsterMan
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:19 pm

This just in:

Apparently Sony, feeling sorry for Europe with it's March 7th release date of the PS3, will be offering them a special exclusive bundle!! They will get a free copy of Duke Nukem Forever, and one additional Giant Enemy Crab (which may or may not still try to be your friend...). Unfortunately, the HDMI cable is still sold seperately :P

(please don't take this too seriously... we all know the giant enemy crabs don't want to be our friends)
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:09 pm

Newsflash:

When staring into the face of huge losses due to defective batteries, now being returned by OEM dealers such as Dell, Sony has managed to strike a deal with the least likely of sources, Osama Bin Laden.

Although it's unclear exactly how much is being paid for each of the explosive devices... err, batteries, but it IS known that there is now also discussions in the works for the leasing of some Giant Enemy Crabs.

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby MonsterMan on Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:26 pm

You're bad!

...I love it :)
BenQ 1655, BenQ 1620, LG 4167, Plex PX-716SA, Samsung SH-S162L, SH-S182M, Pioneer 111D, Lite-On SHM-165H6S and 1.9TB of HDDs to feed 'em and an X2/4800 to crunch for 'em.
MonsterMan
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:28 pm

MonsterMan wrote:You're bad!

...I love it :)

What's funny is some people think I'm a Sony fanboy :o This is really just a collection of the various jokes that are shared between myself and a few other people over MSN. So I thought it was about time I started sharing them :wink:

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby Dartman on Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:02 am

You sick little monkey.... :lol:
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Return to The Beer Garden