Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Samsung TS-L532A Won't burn DVD-R

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

Samsung TS-L532A Won't burn DVD-R

Postby Littleman on Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:53 pm

My Burner worked fine up until a few days ago. I replaced the last one and the new one worked fine.
Here is what is going on.
Using DVD fab It behaves like it is writing and you can see the disk is written, but won't play on anything.
Using Nero, it burnes DVD+R just fine.
I only use Memorex discs. I've use about 5 spools and NEVER had a failure.
I ran the Nero tool and everything is ok.
I removed DVD Fab and reinstalled
Made sure that everything was DMA, and reinstalled the DVD hardware and the secondary controller.

Any good ideas?
Littleman
Buffer Underrun

Postby Justin42 on Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:22 am

Memorex media is crap. I'm glad you've had good luck with it, but it's possible your luck has run out.

Have you tried the burner on another PC? What do you mean by "I replaced the last one and the new one worked fine."? Is this a new burner that's only a few days old? It's possibly failed...

Have you tried any other writing applications? Did you uninstall DVDFab and then try burning with Nero?

Try a different brand of media just as a test. How many different discs off the spindle of Memorex did you use?
Justin42
CD-RW Player

Followup

Postby Littleman on Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:03 am

Well I have found that the toshiba model TS-L532A is also an Asus and a samsung. Thats what the TSST stands for. Toshiba/Samsung.

I've tried
Other media
slower speed
Other programs
In a freshly installed OS.

The memorex I use is one of the top rated medias available. So says some webistes and a media checker I've used.

CD-Rs work fine. I can watch DVD, read cds, burn cds but can't burn DVDs. I'm certain now that it is a Laser problem. I was hoping it was a firmware problem or a driver problem. No such luck.
Littleman
Buffer Underrun

Re: Followup

Postby Ian on Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:50 am

Littleman wrote:The memorex I use is one of the top rated medias available. So says some webistes and a media checker I've used.

I'm kinda curious what websites and media checker are telling you this.

I wouldn't bother fixing it. If you want to stay with a Samsng, the SH-S182D can be picked up for less than $40. There are other drives as well at this price.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

I should have mentioned it is a laptop drive

Postby Littleman on Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:11 pm

I'm going to have to replace it. I'm trying to find another of the same model or preferrable, a different one that will plug into into the port on my laptop. I don't know if it is a standard port or what.

Anyone know a replacement model?

BTY the software is http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/
Did you think I was jokin?
Littleman
Buffer Underrun

Postby Ian on Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:12 pm

Ah, I didn't realize it was a laptop drive. I'd check some place like Newegg. You might be able to get the same model. Otherwise they have other, slim type drives for sale.

If you're handy with a screwdriver, you should be able to open the removable drive tray and put in the new drive.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Return to DVD Writers