Home News Reviews Forums Shop

So, Ian, no Transformers Trailer's Link?

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

So, Ian, no Transformers Trailer's Link?

Postby Alejandra on Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:33 pm

Ciao,
macgirl.

Tired of hackintoshes and went with the real deal.
Alejandra
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:42 pm

I think I posted a link to it when it first came out. I'm not a big fan of the movie though. The only thing Transformers about it is the name. They should have titled it "Independence Day 2 - Attack Of Big Ass Robots".
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby dolphinius_rex on Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:56 pm

I'm with Ian. Transformers = Generation 1 only.
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby Alejandra on Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:12 pm

Ian wrote:I think I posted a link to it when it first came out. I'm not a big fan of the movie though. The only thing Transformers about it is the name. They should have titled it "Independence Day 2 - Attack Of Big Ass Robots".

Well, I agree with you.
Ciao,
macgirl.

Tired of hackintoshes and went with the real deal.
Alejandra
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:49 pm

I've become used to the various reboots of the TF mythos. While the various characters get an overhaul in each new series, they're easily recognizable as say Prime or Megatron. With this movie, that's not the case.

I grew up on G1 but my favorite series is Beast Wars. When I first saw it, the whole beast concept didn't sit well with me but after watching it a bit, I was hooked. The character development and plot were great and how they tied it into G1 shut up a lot of fanboys.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby LoneWolf on Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:46 pm

I liked Gen1 (and the original TV show) the best. I never could get into Beast Wars. If the above interpretation of Megatron is what the new movie is all about, there's no way I'm going to see it.

I'm not sure how one would define Gen2, since I'm not heavily into it, but I was able to deal with the whole death of Optimus Prime bit and replacement by Rotimus Prime, at least in the TV show (didn't think the generation of toys that matched that were nearly as cool).
Intel Q9450 @3.2GHz, Gigabyte GA EP45-UD3P, 4 x 2GB G.Skill @4-4-4-12
Antec P160SW case (modded), Xigmatek 750w PSU
3x 500GB (RAID-5), , OptiArc 7200S, ASUS E818A3T
Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer, Hauppauge HVR-1800, Radeon 4890
Dell 2407WFP
LoneWolf
CD-RW Player

Postby JamieW on Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:56 am

The impending doom that is the TF movie is a bigger debacle than the X-Men movies. They will make use of our knowledge of TF but not ANY of the existing histories. They will in fact use our knowledge while in conflict with logic simply because it is easier. For example, one initial concept of Soundwave was that he be a helicopter. There's no point in calling that character Soundwave. Last tell, they were also going to have both a Devastator and a Bonecrusher character. Devastator was formed from six other robots, one of which was Bonecrusher, thus these characters don't make sense.

Then there is the retarded mixing of humans from multiple TF series. There's really no point in doing this at all except to once again, simply try to cannibalize knowledge while screwing the actual history to no real benefit except to be able to steal the TF label. And then what we do know of the story makes almost no sense, randomly sampling phrases from the TF universe and mashing them together into something rather inane. This is as much a Transformers movie as Tenacious D was.
A man has been charged after allegedly punching a 73-year-old woman in the face, breaking her nose and stabbing her in the arm with a corkscrew before hitting a second woman with a bottle at a wedding reception in the Whitsunday Islands.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby LoneWolf on Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:12 am

JamieW wrote:The impending doom that is the TF movie is a bigger debacle than the X-Men movies. They will make use of our knowledge of TF but not ANY of the existing histories. They will in fact use our knowledge while in conflict with logic simply because it is easier. For example, one initial concept of Soundwave was that he be a helicopter. There's no point in calling that character Soundwave. Last tell, they were also going to have both a Devastator and a Bonecrusher character. Devastator was formed from six other robots, one of which was Bonecrusher, thus these characters don't make sense.

Then there is the retarded mixing of humans from multiple TF series. There's really no point in doing this at all except to once again, simply try to cannibalize knowledge while screwing the actual history to no real benefit except to be able to steal the TF label. And then what we do know of the story makes almost no sense, randomly sampling phrases from the TF universe and mashing them together into something rather inane. This is as much a Transformers movie as Tenacious D was.
Well said. This is going to be like the "Wing Commander" movie --ack, I wish I'd never seen that. Scarring experience.
Intel Q9450 @3.2GHz, Gigabyte GA EP45-UD3P, 4 x 2GB G.Skill @4-4-4-12
Antec P160SW case (modded), Xigmatek 750w PSU
3x 500GB (RAID-5), , OptiArc 7200S, ASUS E818A3T
Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer, Hauppauge HVR-1800, Radeon 4890
Dell 2407WFP
LoneWolf
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:53 am

I think the scariest part about the TF movie is that they're already planning to make this into a trilogy. There is already talk about Unicron being in a future movie.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby dolphinius_rex on Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:05 pm

Ian wrote:I think the scariest part about the TF movie is that they're already planning to make this into a trilogy. There is already talk about Unicron being in a future movie.

I wonder what they'll make Unicron into, instead of being a giant planet?
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby JamieW on Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:21 pm

Unicron will be a print of a good movie that transforms into an academy award because that's the closest Michael Bay or Don Murphy are getting to having either.
A man has been charged after allegedly punching a 73-year-old woman in the face, breaking her nose and stabbing her in the arm with a corkscrew before hitting a second woman with a bottle at a wedding reception in the Whitsunday Islands.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby dolphinius_rex on Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:40 pm

by the way, has anyone seen the episode of Robot Chicken where Optimus Prime dies of prostate cancer? Hilarious stuff :wink:

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:15 pm

Yes, that Robot Chicken is a classic.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby JamieW on Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:40 pm

I laughed so much I peed.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby Wesociety on Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:26 pm

Ack! I did not realize that they were going to Trash the Transformers with a screwy plot and mutated characters.

I was looking forward to this flick until I read this thread. :cry:
http://WesleyTech.com <- Blu-ray Disc & consumer technology news, opinions & articles
Wesociety
CD-RW Player

Postby JamieW on Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:55 pm

Wesociety wrote:Ack! I did not realize that they were going to Trash the Transformers with a screwy plot and mutated characters.

I was looking forward to this flick until I read this thread. :cry:

Welcome, my weeping brother. We will grieve together.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby Ian on Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:52 am

Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Ian on Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:49 pm

Prime speaks..

http://www.transformersmovie.com/prime_ ... index.html

Some of those are cheesie as hell. After 20 years, I still love hearing Cullen say "Autobots: Transform and roll out."
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Ian on Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:51 pm

Oh yeah.. the "Freedom is.." line won and will be in the movie. Half of these, including the winner, are ripped off from various sources (toy quotes, comics, etc).
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby dolphinius_rex on Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:00 am

oh god... "It's PRIME time" !?!

Thank GOD that didn't win! :o

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:03 pm

Japanese trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVhE7DVUFvA&NR

Has a little more footage.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Ian on Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:15 pm

Here's Optimus Prime from the new movie.

I'm kidding. It's some idiot at a Saints game.
Attachments
Optimus Saints.jpg
Optimus Saints.jpg (62.54 KiB) Viewed 6519 times
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Wesociety on Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:54 pm

Ian wrote:Here's Optimus Prime from the new movie.
I'm kidding. It's some idiot at a Saints game.

This comment had me laughing :lol:
http://WesleyTech.com <- Blu-ray Disc & consumer technology news, opinions & articles
Wesociety
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:58 pm

It looks like Frank Welker, the original voice of Megatron, is pretty much a sure thing.

http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com_d4 ... &Itemid=27

Fans rejoice, the movie gods have listen to you, okay maybe it was just Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg who listened, but word is that Frank Welker will be the leader of the Decepticons, Megatron.

Multiple studio sources have confirmed to the IESB that Frank Welker is days away from signing on the dotted line to voice our beloved robotic villain of the 80’s, Megatron, in the upcoming Michael Bay film Transformers.

Personally, I prefer David Kaye (Beast Wars Megatron) but I have no complaints about Welker.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Ian on Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:57 am

TFW2005 has posted a new picture of Megatron. If I didn't know this was a Transformers movie, I wouldn't even recognize this pile of crap as Megatron.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=119712
Attachments
Megatron.jpg
Megatron.jpg (115.3 KiB) Viewed 6515 times
Ian
Grand Poobah

Next

Return to The Beer Garden