Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Japanese and English characters during Nero install 7.7.5.1

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Japanese and English characters during Nero install 7.7.5.1

Postby Webslinger on Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:45 pm

This problem is pretty weird.

1. I know I'm the only one having this problem; so telling me that you don't have this problem probably won't excite me a lot. I only have this problem on one machine as well, and I can't duplicate the issue.

2. My default language is set to English in Windows XP pro (under regional language options).

3. I do have East Asian language sets installed on my system. But my default language is set to English. All programs only show English characters

Nero installs with Japanese characters mixed in with English. Nero is the only program I have that consistently displays Japanese characters mixed with English while installing. I only want English. Why is Nero showing Japanese characters? Under control panel, regional and language options, it says "Engish". So why is Nero showing both English and Japanese characters?

Moreover, I only use the english installer:
Nero-7.7.5.1_eng_update.exe

What's really annoying is all Nero file associations under Windows Explorer also show Japanese characters.

I completely uninstalled Nero, and tried again. I get the same problem.

Anyone have any ideas?
Webslinger
Buffer Underrun

Postby Dartman on Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:17 pm

Is Nero defaulting to Japanese or whatever that is for some reason? Just a shot in the dark, I think it supports multiple languages so maybe it's picking it .
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Postby Webslinger on Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:21 pm

Dartman wrote:Is Nero defaulting to Japanese or whatever that is for some reason? Just a shot in the dark, I think it supports multiple languages so maybe it's picking it .

But I'm using the English install file?

Nero-7.7.5.1_eng_update.exe

I'm pretty sure ENG stands for English. And why is half of the installation showing English perfectly fine? The full language support installation for Nero uses a much bigger file.

When I run Nero, it's in English, but all the file associations for Nero in Windows Explorer show these Japanese characters in them.
Webslinger
Buffer Underrun

Postby Webslinger on Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:54 pm

Well, I'm going to try uninstalling these East Asian languages on my system, but I don't see why I should have to just for Nero.

/sigh

Now imagine having to look at that when you're in Windows Explorer whenever a file associated with Nero is shown.
Webslinger
Buffer Underrun

Postby Webslinger on Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:43 pm

Oh well.

I fixed the problem by removing East Asian language support in Windows, and then reselecting English, hitting "apply", and rebooting. Then I had to uninstall and reinstall Nero.

Pain in the butt . . .
Webslinger
Buffer Underrun

Postby Dartman on Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:46 pm

Well I figured maybe it'd be a tiny help just in case but yeah that should have been English install. Something has probably gotten scrambled and removing the asian packs helped get it back inline.
I hate those kinda problems, sometimes system restore actually works in situations like that as a last resort.
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Postby Webslinger on Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:10 pm

Dartman wrote:Well I figured maybe it'd be a tiny help

I do appreciate you trying to help me. Thank you
Webslinger
Buffer Underrun

Postby TCAS on Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:31 pm

You probably have downloaded and installed the multi-language version try to install this version dolwnload the engilsh version and install it.
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Postby Webslinger on Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:35 pm

TCAS wrote:You probably have downloaded and installed the multi-language version try to install this version dolwnload the engilsh version and install it.

Look at the third post in this thread. I used the English installation file.

Anyway, this problem is resolved now. Thanks
Webslinger
Buffer Underrun

Postby TCAS on Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:13 pm

Sorry there is the better fway to do it open your NeroSmart on the corner of upper left hand click on Nero then click on language and try to unchecked any other language except "English".
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Postby Webslinger on Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:16 pm

TCAS wrote:Sorry there is the better fway to do it open your NeroSmart on the corner of upper left hand click on Nero then click on language and try to unchecked any other language except "English".

English was the only language that was checked off.

The problem has been fixed for a couple days now. Thanks.
Webslinger
Buffer Underrun

Postby TCAS on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:30 am

Then could explain how the problem was fix for the benifit of forum members that some day might face the same dilema.
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Postby Webslinger on Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:23 am

TCAS wrote:Then could explain how the problem was fix for the benifit of forum members that some day might face the same dilema.

I did in the fifth post in this thread already.
Webslinger
Buffer Underrun

Postby Webslinger on Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:11 pm

OMG :(

I don't speak or write Japanese!!! lol

I got the following email over a week after solving the problem myself.

Re: Web Support Request -[enu] - Case Info: [xxxx] - Case Info: [xxxxx]

"Dear xxxx,

thank you for your email and your interest in our software.

Your new serial number is:

xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

With this serial number you can use Nero in japanese. We are going to void the original number.

Should you wish more information, do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards

Nero Sales

Nero AG
Im Stoeckmaedle 13-15
76307 Karlsbad
Germany
Fax : ++49 (0)7248 928 499
http://www.nero.com "
Webslinger
Buffer Underrun

Postby Justin42 on Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:26 pm

I love it when a tech support group skims an email in 0.1 seconds, assumes they understand the problem, and solves it in such a helpful way.

This is like when I emailed American Express about a possible disputed charge and put, in caps, "I DO NOT WISH TO DISPUTE THIS CHARGE AT THIS TIME, I AM ASKING FOR INFORMATION ONLY", at the top and bottom of my email.

The response? "Thank you for opening a dispute on the following charge.."
Justin42
CD-RW Player

Postby Webslinger on Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:35 pm

Justin42 wrote:I love it when a tech support group skims an email in 0.1 seconds, assumes they understand the problem, and solves it in such a helpful way.

I honestly can't believe this nonsense.
Webslinger
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:51 pm

Hi Webslinger,

Sorry about that response. It was the sales team and not the support team. Though i've seen an occasional response from both that had nothing to do with the question asked by the customer. :-(

For the volume of Emails they respond too, they for the most part do respond to the actual questions asked. :)

Best Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby Webslinger on Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:59 pm

CCampbell wrote:Hi Webslinger,

Sorry about that response. It was the sales team and not the support team. Though i've seen an occasional response from both that had nothing to do with the question asked by the customer. :-(

For the volume of Emails they respond too, they for the most part do respond to the actual questions asked. :)

Best Regards,

Craig

The "Japanese" serial number is working, oddly enough. So, perhaps I overreacted. The response is very weird though, considering my original ticket was sent to customer support.
Webslinger
Buffer Underrun

Postby Webslinger on Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:56 pm

Bleh. The problem still persists if you install East Asian language support again and attempt to install Nero. 7.8.5.0

Maybe it's an issue with just having Microsoft App locale installed on one's system. I'm not sure.

But the problem is freaking annoying--if the only solution is to uninstall East Asian language support and then uninstall and reinstall Nero.
Webslinger
Buffer Underrun

Postby Webslinger on Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:30 pm

1. I uninstalled East Asian language support and rebooted.

Still didn't work.

2. I uninstalled Microsoft App Locale.

Nero is normal again.

So I guess this suggests the problem is Microsoft App locale when installing new versions of Nero, but I should have tried uninstalling Microsoft App locale in step 1 to make sure.
Webslinger
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)