Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Audio Out of Synch in places with Nero 7

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Audio Out of Synch in places with Nero 7

Postby statl on Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:33 am

I am using the Nero 7 Suite software that came with my Sony External DVD Writer. For the most part, I am taking DVD-RAM recordings made in a Panasonic recorder and transfering them to DVD-Rs.

By copying the VRO file to my hard drive and changing the extension to MPG, I have been able to copy these files onto a DVD-R. However, I ran into a problem yesterday. Using the "Make Movie" function of Nero Vision, I burned a project onto a Maxell DVD-RW (Ritekw01). About half an hour in, the audio was not quite in synch with the video. It was only off about half a second, and it corrected itself in about two minutes.

I then saved the project as a disc image, then burned it on to a TDK DVD-R (TTG 02) with the same result. If I play the project on my computer, the audio is perfectly synched. However if I play either disc in my computer (or one of my DVD players), the audio gets out of synch in the same spot.

One more thing, the TDK DVD-R will not play in my Panasonic DVD recorder, although other TDKs have played fine.

Does anyone have a solution that would not involve purchasing additonal software?
statl
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:38 pm

Hi Statl,

Do you mean if you burn the progject to the Hard drive and play from there it plays back fine, in sync throughout the movie?

But if you burn to DVD disc, a small segement is out of sync?

If this is the case, what happens if you burn it to the Hard Drive first, and then use Nero Burning ROM or Nero Express to burn it to DVD using the DVD-Video option? Does this result in a DVD-Video disc that is in sync, or do you still have the sync issue?

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby statl on Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:43 am

I have burned it to the hard drive first, then burned it to C.D. in Nero Vision. The results were the same. Strangely enough-the out of synch problem only shows up when I play the disc in my computer or one of my DVD Players. If I play it in my Panasonic DVD Recorder or another DVD Player I have, there is no problem.
statl
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:05 pm

Before you burn it to CD or DVD, does it play back fine from the computer?

Are you using Nero ShowTime to play it back from the computer? After you have burned it to CD/DVD.

The fact that this only occurs on your computer and not the DVD Players is an indication that the encoding and burning is done properly.

So we have to look at the DVD Player software you are using and possible driver conflicts.

Do you have the latest drivers for your Graphics Card? You'll be surprised how much this affects playback. :-)

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby statl on Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:23 pm

Here is Nero's response to my problem:

Please download the tool "PVAstrumento" from www.doom9.org.
Start the program and insert your video source file.
Now click on the button "Make PS". This will cause in one ac3 and one mpg file.
Afterwards please start a new project in Nero Vision and insert
both of the files.
Now burn the project, e.g. to a harddrive folder.
Is it working properly now?

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,

Eric Trabold
Nero Support
statl
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)