Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Slysoft Adds Blu-ray Support To AnyDVD HD

Blu-ray Disc Writers, BD Combo and BD-ROM Drives

Slysoft Adds Blu-ray Support To AnyDVD HD

Postby Ian on Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:32 am

The latest beta of AnyDVD HD supports Blu-ray.

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6128.exe

6.1.2.8 2007 03 01
- New: Added Blu-Ray support.
- Change: I/O on 64bit OS (WinXP64/Vista64) moved to kernel mode
- Updated ElbyCDIO layer, fixes "cannot get exclusive access" in CloneDVD and CloneCD under XP64 and Vista64
- Change: ElbyCDIO uses less CPU cycles under Windows XP and Vista
- Change: After using CloneCD or CloneDVD, AnyDVD does no longer rescan the disc under XP64 and Vista64.
- Fix: HD DVDs without iHD menus did not work
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

From what I can gather, it will let you defeat AACS and copy Blu-ray discs but region free support isn't done yet. Download it here:

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6128.exe
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby roadrunner on Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:06 pm

It just keeps getting better and better :D
roadrunner
CD-RW Player

Postby CowboySlim on Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:20 pm

Roger that!

My grandchildren have broken several of their DVDs.
I don't anything wrong in making backups for such instances as long as they are kept at home for their use.
I don't see why we should have to pay twice for the right to view the content.
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby Dartman on Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:44 am

And now that their millions in unbreakable DRM have been broken, as soon as prices get close to reasonable it's time to get a burner. Yep it does keep getting better and better, it's almost comical...
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Postby Wesociety on Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:59 pm

I'm sure AACS will take action to try and shutdown the capabilities of AnyDVD HD in the near future, but I'm confident that the Slysoft developers will be able to continue to circumvent the protection. If they weren't confident, they wouldn't be selling the software...
http://WesleyTech.com <- Blu-ray Disc & consumer technology news, opinions & articles
Wesociety
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:23 pm

Slysoft isn't saying how they're circumventing AACS. From the comments made by the developers, its not the same way as Muslix64 and others are doing it.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Dartman on Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:22 pm

Well once it was broken I think that led them to know what to look for to do it other ways. From what I've read there's one key that can't be revoked plus I'm sure other ways. Also it's doubt full they'll revoke a whole series of movie disks, can you imagine the normal consumer suddenly not being able to play his 30 dollar movie on his 500 to 1000 player, it wouldn't be pretty...
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Postby Wesociety on Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:03 am

Dartman wrote:Well once it was broken I think that led them to know what to look for to do it other ways. From what I've read there's one key that can't be revoked plus I'm sure other ways. Also it's doubt full they'll revoke a whole series of movie disks, can you imagine the normal consumer suddenly not being able to play his 30 dollar movie on his 500 to 1000 player, it wouldn't be pretty...

Slysoft developers have stated that they were already working on AnyDVD HD before BackupHDDVD was released. They have also said they didn't use the BackupHDDVD source code and that they have their own methods for the AACS circumvention. It's not likely that they will reveal exactly what method they have implemented in AnyDVD HD though...
http://WesleyTech.com <- Blu-ray Disc & consumer technology news, opinions & articles
Wesociety
CD-RW Player

Postby Dartman on Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:04 am

Of course they wont or the hole gets closed or they get sued somehow or both, more power to them. It keeps the industry kinda honest, maybe they'll admit a guy making a backup of a movie he buys isn't exactly who they are worried about someday and let fair use work.
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Postby Wesociety on Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:55 am

Dartman wrote:Of course they wont or the hole gets closed or they get sued somehow or both, more power to them. It keeps the industry kinda honest, maybe they'll admit a guy making a backup of a movie he buys isn't exactly who they are worried about someday and let fair use work.

I doubt Slysoft will be sued due to their Antigua location (DMCA laws do not apply). I would expect that the movie industry has been after Slysoft for a long time...
Wesociety
CD-RW Player

Postby Dartman on Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:24 pm

Yeah, I know but things can change. Olli had to leave Germany because they suddenly rolled over to the man.
I doubt it will but lets run with this for all we're worth.
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Postby Wesociety on Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:00 pm

Crazy, I didn't know that Olli had to flee the country.

I don't think Slysoft has much to worry about now though. They've been selling their DVD circumvention, DeCSS tools for years now...
I'm not saying that it is impossible for the MPAA to get to them or have any effect on their business, I just doubt it will happen.
Wesociety
CD-RW Player

Postby Dartman on Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:24 pm

Well Not sure exactly how it worked out but he had to stop doing his program and it ended up with Slysoft because of the no DMCA laws. So maybe he didn't leave but his creation left and sorta morphed, which was still good for everyone eventually.
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Return to Blu-ray Disc Drives