Home News Reviews Forums Shop

So Nero 7.8.5.0 is released/registered users can't download

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

So Nero 7.8.5.0 is released/registered users can't download

Postby Webslinger on Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:50 pm

Registered "My Nero" users can't download the English installer again, because the link is broken or the file doesn't exist for those that are logging into the site.

Nice. :(

This happens with every new update. The registered users always get broken links, or the download simply doesn't exist for the first few hours.

And the server(s) that handles public downloads is always slow.
Webslinger
Buffer Underrun

Re: So Nero 7.8.5.0 is released/registered users can't downl

Postby Webslinger on Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:58 pm

And the VIP extended download section still doesn't work--hours later after the file is hosted for everyone else.
Webslinger
Buffer Underrun

Postby sqlb on Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:42 pm

You should have gotten an email annoucing the update. In that email there is an update button and that link works.
sqlb
CD-RW Thug

Postby Webslinger on Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:59 pm

sqlb wrote:You should have gotten an email annoucing the update. In that email there is an update button and that link works.

I did get the email. The link sends you to the public ftp download link--not the vip, registered user ftp download, which is much faster.

By the way, after logging in a few times and unsuccessfully getting bad download links for the registered user server via "My Nero", I figured out how to just go to the vip ftp server directly and pick the files I wanted. 710 kiloBytes per second download sure beats the 45 kB/s I was getting off the public servers.

Anyway, it's still pretty pathetic that registered users always get broken download links on release day (or the file simply isn't hosted on the vip ftp servers).
Webslinger
Buffer Underrun

Broken links....

Postby corporallouis on Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:37 pm

Yep....same problem here too. Between running out of time and and spitting up an error message to the file not being found on some Apache server, I gave up for a day or two. FINALLY got a snail's pace download. Now to wait and see if this thing is fit to install....! :(
corporallouis
Buffer Underrun

Re: Broken links....

Postby Webslinger on Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:42 pm

corporallouis wrote:Yep....same problem here too. Between running out of time and and spitting up an error message to the file not being found on some Apache server, I gave up for a day or two. FINALLY got a snail's pace download. Now to wait and see if this thing is fit to install....! :(

Logging into My Nero and attempting to download from there works now. You'll get a much faster download doing it that way.
Webslinger
Buffer Underrun

Postby Phoenix '97 on Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:08 pm

The new 7.8.5.0 version seems to tell you the verification completed successfully, even if one of the sectors on the disc is different to the source:
See if you can duplicate this problem by creating a compilation, burning it to a rewritable disc, and change the contents of a small text file or something and save it, between the burning and verification process.
Phoenix '97
CD-RW Player

Postby TCAS on Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:15 am

I have downloaded various versions of Nero including the latest 7850 version and have never faced any problem like this one.
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)