Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero Cover Designer - Lightscribe labelling

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero Cover Designer - Lightscribe labelling

Postby gred on Tue May 15, 2007 3:22 pm

Hi,

I am trying burn a label on DVD.I use Nero Cover Disigner to add photos on labels.
I have lightscribe software and everything is ok ie I created the label with photos,
but in the print option , only shows printing on paper not lightscribe.

What should I do to finish my project?
ASUS DVD burner with lightscribe and Nero 7 Premium.

Thanks
gred
Buffer Underrun

Postby Wesociety on Tue May 15, 2007 3:43 pm

I think you need a special version or a plugin to use LightScribe functionality in Nero Cover Designer.
http://WesleyTech.com <- Blu-ray Disc & consumer technology news, opinions & articles
Wesociety
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Tue May 15, 2007 3:54 pm

Was the ASUS in your computer when you installed Nero 7? If not, the LightScribe capabilities probably aren't there. I'd try installing the LS drivers (get em from www.lightscribe.com) and then maybe reinstall Nero 7 if that doesn't work.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Nero CD label printing and lightscribe

Postby gred on Tue May 22, 2007 3:29 am

Hi,

I have downloaded "Acoustica CD Label Maker" trial version and it shows lightscribe option and I have printed a dvd with that programme.

But it is not possible in Nero which I have in my coputer.
I installed Nero again also but no luck.

What is "Plug in"?I am not clear.

Do you know any option to sort out my problem?

Thanks in advance.
gred
Buffer Underrun

Re: Nero CD label printing and lightscribe

Postby Ian on Tue May 22, 2007 7:35 am

gred wrote:Do you know any option to sort out my problem?

It sounds like the LS drivers are now on your computer. I'd uninstall Nero and then reinstall it.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby CCampbell on Tue May 22, 2007 2:15 pm

The Nero 7 Retail bundles, be it Premium or Ultra Edition, do include support for the LightScribe feature when you have a LightScribe drive installed. It is preferable that you install Nero 7 with a LightScribe drive already connected, though the feature should be there regardless, and just not show up till you connect the drive.

But in some cases, you will need to make sure you have the latest LightScribe API to ensure full or proper support for the drive.

You can obtain the latest version, which should be version 1.6.43.1, and you can use the below link to download this version if you have not already.

http://dl1.nero.com/LS_HSI.EXE

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby joelw7 on Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:44 pm

Ok, I just got my dvd writer and the software included was nero 7 essentials and I burned a disc and afterwards i flipped it over to lightscribe an image that i had. However when i clicked on the print lightscribe button it pops up with the window giving me an option to print it so i printed it using the best quaility and after clicked print a box came up saying preparing the cd for printing and it went through then it said 100 percent printed and spit my cd out but nothing was printing. Now does anyone know what im doing wrong why wont it print ive updated all my drivers too. Now im using memorex dvd+r w/lightscribe and my dvd writer has lightscribe on it too.

Thanks in advance
joelw7
Buffer Underrun

Problem printing lightscribe dvd labels w/Nero CoverDesigner

Postby ranger_rick on Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:46 pm

This is my first time posting. I had the same problem as many others trying to create a lightscribe label using Nero CoverDesigner application. It would look like the process was starting but within a few seconds the application would show a window that the print was successful and the lightscribe media dvd would be ejected but no image. I tried many suggestions I found on the web including: Updating firmware to my Samsung SH-S182M DVD , Uninstalling Nero 7 Ultra Edition, Installing Nero 7 Essentials that came with the DVD, Reinstalling Nero 7 Ultra Edition ... All with the same failure. Finally I tried the LS Simple Labeler from the lightscribe.com site and was able to print some simple text on the Memorex Lightscribe DVD+R disc. Feeling brave I then tried the LS Template Labeler and used the blank template and inserted an image and that worked as well. Therefore, I would suggest trying these free apps to see how it works.

http://www.lightscribe.com/
ranger_rick
Buffer Underrun

Postby jacktheripper on Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:14 am

I've had nothing but problems trying to go with Nero and LS options.

I ended up using SureThing but Acoustica's also works well. Both of those programs have worked flawlessly.

In the case of a SH-S203N, I had to wait until the window popped up saying "insert disc to print" so that the drive didn't spin up and not stop spinning and then never actually print anything. Its almost like the drive wants to do something with the disc and you have to interupt it with instruction before it goes screwy. Tried firmware updates, reinstalling software etc etc, just gotta drop it in when it says print and skip Nero's.

SureThing is only $20 I think, so its not a bad option.
jacktheripper
CD-RW Thug

Postby WonkyRuler on Tue May 20, 2008 6:20 am

Hi there,

I use to use CD label kits for printing the labels but it was a lot of hassle and the labels made my CDs/DVDs skip a lot when playing them.

I was recommended by a friend to buy a lightscribe DVD writer, i haven't actually had any problems with mine at all.
| Label Printing | Printed Labels | - LilacStar
WonkyRuler
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)