Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero 6 Express & moved music files

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero 6 Express & moved music files

Postby mccoady on Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:18 pm

My son had alot of music files on his hardrive that came with his computer and was consuming most of his drive space so I installed another drive to be dedicated strictly to music. I copied all his music from his C drive to the new Drive I labeled M drive and then deleted the music on the C drive. Everything went fine but I had forgotten all the compilations he had made with Nero and saved on the C drive in My Documents.

Now when he clicks on any of the compilations Nero made and saved to the C drive in My Documents it says it cannot find the music files.

Okay so I moved the music files back to his C Drive (temporaily) and now when I click on his compilations they do load right now but I can't figure out how to save them to the M Drive (he is using Nero Express 6). When I load a compilation and X out of it I was thinking it should ask me if I want to save it but it doesn't with an existing compilation.

Could someone give me detailed instructions on how to Save it to my M Drive after I've loaded an existing compilation because I need to move his music files back to the M Drive. Clicking the Save tab doesn't do anything.
mccoady
Buffer Underrun

Postby Justin42 on Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:24 am

If you are asking "I moved the files, the compilations aren't updating with the new location"-- I seriously doubt that there is any way to do what you are describing. The saved files are just pointers to the files-- and when the location changes, there's no way to change them. If you are good with tweaking stuff you MIGHT be able to use some sort of hex editor to change the drive letter (if you can make the path exactly the same, i.e., if it was "C:\Music\filename.mp3" you could change to "M:\Music\filename.mp3)-- but if you don't understand what I mean you probably shouldn't be messing with it.

The short answer is he'll probably have to deal with it and re-build his compilations. I don't think it's asking you to re-save since you aren't making any changes to the compilation. It just thinks you're opening the file, it doesn't go looking for the files in other locations.
Justin42
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)