Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Man put on sex offenders register for screwing a bike...

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Man put on sex offenders register for screwing a bike...

Postby jase on Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:45 pm

A man has been placed on the sex offenders’ register after being caught trying to have sex with a bicycle.
Robert Stewart was discovered in his room by two cleaners at the Aberley House Hostel in Ayr, south west Scotland, in October last year.

On Wednesday Mr Stewart admitted to sexual breach of the peace in Ayr Sheriff Court, where depute fiscal Gail Davidson described how he had been found by the hostel workers.

She said: "They knocked on the door several times and there was no reply.

"They used a master key to unlock the door and they then observed the accused wearing only a white T-shirt, naked from the waist down.

"The accused was holding the bike and moving his hips back and forth as if to simulate sex."

Both witnesses, who were extremely shocked, notified the hotel manager, who in turn alerted the police.

Mr Stewart was placed on the sex offenders’ register but his sentence was deferred until next month.

He is not the first man to be convicted of a sexual offence involving an inanimate object, however.

Karl Watkins, an electrician, was jailed for having sex with pavements in Redditch, Worcs, in 1993.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... sex126.xml

I'll leave the pedalophile jokes to you guys :roll:
jase
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:32 pm

wtf? I don't know why he's on the list unless they're worried he's going to start stealing peoples bikes to have sex with them.

Also, welcome back jase. Long time no see.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Wesociety on Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:33 pm

Hmmm, the guys actions are very disturbing, but I don't see why he should be put on a sex offenders list. Maybe if he was doing it out in public in the middle of the street or something, but he wasn't...
http://WesleyTech.com <- Blu-ray Disc & consumer technology news, opinions & articles
Wesociety
CD-RW Player

Postby jase on Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:10 am

Ian wrote:Also, welcome back jase. Long time no see.

Hi Ian ;)

What you have to bear in mind I think is that the UK ViSOR is a much broader concept than the North American equivalents -- you can be put on there for all sorts of silly things (indeed the whole thing has been condemned as a serious invasion of human rights by several EU countries, and a contravention of the EU Conventions on the issue).

This one was particularly stupid though, so I thought I'd share it with you...
jase
CD-RW Player

Postby JamieW on Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:54 pm

I don't see why the sex offenders list exist at all. Pretty blatant abuse and there have been no declines in the crimes or recidivism as a result.
A man has been charged after allegedly punching a 73-year-old woman in the face, breaking her nose and stabbing her in the arm with a corkscrew before hitting a second woman with a bottle at a wedding reception in the Whitsunday Islands.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby Ian on Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:49 pm

The guy is on probation now too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/gla ... 095134.stm

A man caught trying to have sex with his bicycle has been sentenced to three years on probation.
Robert Stewart, 51, admitted a sexually aggravated breach of the peace by conducting himself in a disorderly manner and simulating sex.

Sheriff Colin Miller also placed Stewart on the Sex Offenders Register for three years.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Return to The Beer Garden