Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Third Party Patent Activation Failed

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Third Party Patent Activation Failed

Postby Keith Weisshar on Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:51 am

Why am I only allowed a few reinstallations of the Nero 8 Ultra Edition Suite. Every time I reformat my hard drive it erases the activation information stored in the registry on the hard drive?
Keith Weisshar
Buffer Underrun

Postby Ian on Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:29 am

Interesting.. I haven't seen that (yet). Apparently, Nero is taking the same approach as Microsoft by putting a limit on the activations.

Have you contacted Nero yet? If so, let me know what they say.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Keith Weisshar on Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:37 am

I have already had the serial number reset twice by Nero and Nero will no longer reset my serial number because I was reformatting my only PC too many times. I called 818-956-7551 and gave them my nero serial number and they said it has already been reset twice and will no longer be reset and I told them I only have one PC and they said not to keep reformatting and reinstalling or the software won't work anymore.
Keith Weisshar
Buffer Underrun

Postby Ian on Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:45 am

Keith, I'm going to pass this on to someone that I know at Nero. I think he'll be able to relate to your situation.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby CowboySlim on Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:53 pm

I've had trouble with organizations like that in the past, including one today. I just keep calling them and calling them unitl I get satisfaction. It's called harrassment and if that's what it takes, I'll use it.

I had that today in trying to arrange insurance authorization for a dental procedure. I got 15 minutes of uncooperative BS from the first agent that I called. Within 5 minutes I had a second agent on the line who was cooperative to the extent that it was arranged in less time that it took the first to tell me NO a dozen times. If that second call would not have done it, I'd have made a third, then a fourth.....fifth....... =D>

Call them up and start reading the Terms and Conditions off the box to them and then.............
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby davidhbrown on Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:31 am

So, is there no method of deactivating the software first?
davidhbrown
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)