Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero 8 "upgrade" - many problems

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero 8 "upgrade" - many problems

Postby animats on Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:43 pm

I just "upgraded" from Nero 6 to Nero 8, paying $69 for the privilege, and the new one is worse than the old one. I can't make a valid video DVD.

I'm starting from ".m2v" and ".wav". files created with Adobe Premiere, and trying to create a DVD. I'm running Windows 2000, with Direct-X 9, and all the Microsoft Direct-X tests pass. I have a Memorex DVD burner. I'm running as a normal user, not "administrator", and have run Burn Rights to allow normal users to burn DVDs.

1. Nero "Vision" is creating invalid DVDs. I created a project in Nero Vision, added two clips, created the default menu (not "advanced" mode), and used the preview tool. Looked OK. Burned a DVD. Played OK with Nero's player, except that Nero's player insists, incorrectly, that audio is broken. But the DVD won't play in a Sony DVD player; it will not load the disk. Tried twice.

2. Nero "Vision" can't handle a change of video clip. I changed the project above by substituting a new video clip for one of the old ones, using a new file name for the clip. The menu builder picked this up, giving me "untitled" for the new clip, and I filled in a new title. The file links in the menu looked fine. But the preview tool still plays the old clip, and when I burn a DVD, it has the old clip. This DVD won't play on a Sony DVD player either.

Now I see why "Nero sucks" has 200,000 hits in Google.
animats
Buffer Underrun

Re: Nero 8 "upgrade" - many problems

Postby animats on Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:52 pm

[quote="animats"]except that Nero's player insists, incorrectly, that audio is broken.[/quote]

Correction; Nero's player plays DVD audio, but since this install, Microsoft's does not.
animats
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)