Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Toshiba X205-S9349

CPU's? Motherboards? Video cards? Talk about it here.

Toshiba X205-S9349

Postby ruderacer on Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:12 pm

Toshiba Satellite X205-S9349 17-inch Laptop (Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7100, 2 GB RAM, 240 GB Hard DRive, HD SuperMulti DVD Drive, Vista Premium)

This is the laptop I bought a little over a year now. Lately, it has been freezing-up or hanging when I'm on line or whether I'm using windows media player. Also, when I use Office 2007 it too freezes. Basically I have no faith in it anymore and I'm always waiting for it to freeze. I was wondering if anyone has had the same issues or experiences? Could it be the main drive (since it has two 120 GB Toshiba Hard Drives) that is going bad and is there an utility that I can run to check? I have use the windows vista utilities and it has brought it back to life but the issue continues. I have also done a clean install and the same thing continues and I don't have that many programs installed. Any suggestions will be helpfull.
"It's the voyage that counts, not the totality of life".

Every Saint has a Past! Every Sinner has a Future!
ruderacer
CD-RW Player

Re: Toshiba X205-S9349

Postby SithTracy on Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:27 pm

Try Steve Gibson's SpinRite to check the drive (not free unfortunately)... Also, it might be worth while for you to run IoBit's Advanced SystemCare (free). It might get rid of some of the rubbish hanging up your PC assuming the hard drives and memory are working okay... Might be worth while for you to check the memory too... Memtest86+
SithTracy
CD-RW Player

Re: Toshiba X205-S9349

Postby ruderacer on Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:10 am

Thanks. I downloaded the IoBit's Adv Sys Care and it found a buch of problems. Ran it and it cleared the problems found. I will see if it got rid of all the issues. Thanks again.
"It's the voyage that counts, not the totality of life".

Every Saint has a Past! Every Sinner has a Future!
ruderacer
CD-RW Player

Return to General Hardware Discussion