Home News Reviews Forums Shop

I'm not dead yet!!

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

I'm not dead yet!!

Postby dolphinius_rex on Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:47 pm

Hey Everyone,

Long time no see.... sorry I haven't been around much for a while....ok, long while...

I'm pretty busy with my personal life... even more so than ever! I am staffing at the local anime convention (Anime Evolution) here in Vancouver BC Canada, and still attend the one in Seattle (SakuraCon) as a standard attendee. I am organizing meetups in the community, often with attendance between 30-100+ people, depending on the event.

I'm still doing photography and videography. I'm pushing much harder now to get more videos going on youtube, and I'm trying to learn how to edit things better (currently using Adobe Premier, after giving up on Sony Vegas, and Windows Movie Maker).

Here's a link to my most recent video (also most painful video):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSe78ntjMck

I'm still working out the kinks, especially with my camera people... so please be kind XD
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Re: I'm not dead yet!!

Postby Ian on Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:59 pm

Good to hear that you're still alive. I figured that you got a new girlfriend and that she wasn't letting you out of the bedroom.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby dolphinius_rex on Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:20 pm

No such luck I'm afraid :(

Currently single, and actually I'm happy to keep it that way for the forseeable future. I went through 2, almost 3 girlfriends in 2008 and I want to step back and re-evaluate myself and what I'm looking for in a mate.

It's all good though :)
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:10 pm

I made another couple videos this weekend:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia7ZYdSm ... re=channel

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6YJIwQh ... re=channel

We had a huge meetup on the weekend, about 150 people showed up (I was running the event single handed). It was really fun though, and it went very well. I'll probably do another 1 or 2 videos from it still :P

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby Bhairav on Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:03 am

Which camera are you using? I just got an HV30, dying to try it out.
Q6600@3.1Ghz | Asus P5Q-E | 4GB DDR2-800 | 8800GT | 4TB HDD | Viewsonic vx2025wm
Xonar DX | Pioneer DVR-212 | Pioneer 111L | Benq 1655
Bhairav
CD-RW Player

Postby Wesociety on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:09 pm

I'm using a Flip Mino HD now and I love it. Obviously not the absolute best HD quality, but it fits in my pocket !
http://WesleyTech.com <- Blu-ray Disc & consumer technology news, opinions & articles
Wesociety
CD-RW Player

Return to The Beer Garden