Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Burn Limit Markers - Dual-Layer Burner, Single-Layer Disc

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Burn Limit Markers - Dual-Layer Burner, Single-Layer Disc

Postby DeeJay_XP on Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:32 am

I have Nero 6 :oops: , a Toshiba-Samsung SH-S223Q, and winXP.

Nero puts the red and yellow markers at the (presumably) dual-layer limits even when I start the program with a single-layer DVD-R in the drive. (I haven't tried dual-layer discs yet; still waiting for the prices to come down.)

What do I need to do to display the markers at the single-layer limit with this drive? I hate guessing, because it doesn't tell you the project is too large until it's too late to back up :evil:
DeeJay_XP
Buffer Underrun

Re: Burn Limit Markers - Dual-Layer Burner, Single-Layer Disc

Postby Ian on Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:42 am

I don't remember how it is with Nero 6, but with Nero 7 and 8 there is a drop down in the bottom right corner where you can select a DVD5 or DVD9.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Re: Burn Limit Markers - Dual-Layer Burner, Single-Layer Disc

Postby DeeJay_XP on Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:02 am

Nice! I'll see if the 8 upgrade will install over 6. (6 came with... one of the burners around here... The Toshiba-Samsung was a cheapie at Micro Center and didn't come with software)

Pssh. Figures -- I install the latest update for 6 while regging for the forums, then post, then reboot, and now it correctly detects the disc and sets the markers. Obviously the older version didn't know enough about talking to dual-layer burners. (Which is funny, considering I've burnt probably a hundred discs with this particular drive and the outdated Nero install)
DeeJay_XP
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)