Home News Reviews Forums Shop

a good or decent cd software

Anything else

a good or decent cd software

Postby coonsanders on Wed May 13, 2009 11:23 pm

hi gang

i might be in the market 4 new cd buring software that doesnt cost an arm or a leg...that u can buy in stores and one
that isnt nero or roxio..audicity is questionable at this point...so any idea you might have throw them this way.thanks.

lenny
coonsanders
CD-RW Player

Re: a good or decent cd software

Postby Ian on Thu May 14, 2009 12:27 am

Give ImgBurn a try. It's free!
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby coonsanders on Thu May 14, 2009 6:48 am

hi ian

no i meant a total cd software package..editing playing etc you can get at stores...but not nero oe roxio..

lenny
coonsanders
CD-RW Player

Postby SithTracy on Thu May 14, 2009 9:06 am

Lenny, Might help if you tell us what you used in Nero/Roxio. In my opinion, I saw those companies bloat their core products with promises of doing other things, but they never did them well. I agree with Ian, ImgBurn is about as good as it gets. No, it's not got the Nero/Roxio GUI for ease of use. It does have a decent forum with tutorials and you'll have people to ask here or in other forums. For a more Nero like ease of use product, try CDBurnerXP.

I used to use Nero Vision, but had so many problems with it, I went with VSO ConvertXtoDVD... much better product than Vision ever was for my needs. Never had any luck with Nero SoundTrax (or whatever it was called). Audacity, while free/open source, did a much better job and was stable. I've also had decent luck recently with Vista's generic Windows DVD Maker/Movie Maker. Truth be told, for the video and photo editing, a Mac does it better than Windows for the home user... the iLife product on a Mac may be just what the doctor ordered. Now, I don't own a Mac, it's just not practical for me (I use a PC for business and have always considered a Mac a cool toy). I've just seen some of the projects my friends put out with the mac and it is impressive. Don't jump in to that suggestion too quickly though... Do some research and see if it meets your needs. There must be an Apple store in a city near you. They will demo some of the things the Mac can do for you.
SithTracy
CD-RW Player

Postby coonsanders on Thu May 14, 2009 11:49 am

hi tracy
moastly i used the wave editors in both nero and roxio.with roxio when i tried to burn cds it kept asking 4 new cds when i put one in already.when i used to wave editor in nero 6 it would crash.i had nero 6 installed and it worked swell but decieded to reinstall 7 and if it didnt work i could go back
to nero 6.well it didnt work and i couldent go back to 6.they have a cd u need to buy 4 12.00.why should i buy it when i already have it.they had st-
uff on the web site that came with it stuff i paid for already showtime,vision express 6,incd,recode.im not sure if these extras are on this new cd but
why should i have to buy it..i own it.the only software in stores is nero and roxio...
coonsanders
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Thu May 14, 2009 12:03 pm

Regarding the crashes.. have you reinstalled Windows lately?

If you're just looking for something to editing audio and burning audio CD's, you may want to look at a specialized application. Most of these suites are not that specialized and focus primarily on DVD and BD creation.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby SithTracy on Thu May 14, 2009 1:28 pm

Ian wrote:Regarding the crashes.. have you reinstalled Windows lately?

Yep... It sounds like it's time to blank your hardrive and re-install your OS from scratch.... Backup your data and reinstall Windows from scratch.
SithTracy
CD-RW Player

Postby redk9258 on Thu May 14, 2009 11:17 pm

If it's a wav editor you are looking for here ya go.. http://shop3.frys.com/product/5287767
Better move fast. Right now it's FREE after rebates. (The second one may be hard to satisfy though) I don't think you can burn CDs from this software, but IMGBURN sure could after you edit and save your wav files.
redk9258
CD-RW Player

Postby coonsanders on Fri May 15, 2009 12:07 am

hi guys

i thought i had the windows xp disc but nope....thanks,,,

lenny
coonsanders
CD-RW Player

Return to General Software Questions