Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Congrats, Dartman

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Congrats, Dartman

Postby MediumRare on Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:44 pm

Just saw this after my first post in months...

Enjoy your special day and have a beer for me too!

G
Attachments
dartman_52.png
dartman_52.png (1.16 KiB) Viewed 17406 times
MediumRare
CD-RW Translator

Re: Congrats, Dartman

Postby Dartman on Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Thanks, Went to work half a day, home now making plans for pizza and cake tonight if it doesn't snow too hard later. Wondering what goodies I might get :-$
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:14 pm

Happy Birthday Dartman!
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Dartman on Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:32 am

Thanks, got a hundred bucks, some cool cards, pizza and homemade Carrot cake with trick layers of frosting, a couple of little African frogs in a lil aquarium thing, a book about weird stuff in Oregon signed by the author, and a few other cool things.
We sat around and ate pizza and cake then opened my goodies and all talked and things til my step dad broke a pen in his back pocket all over lil sis's new couch... :o He was mortified, her hubby was mad, but it cleaned up fine and eventually we had a good time giving him grief about it and threatening to make a cover for him, rather then the couch :lol:
a good time was had by all...and it did snow while I was there too.
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:47 am

My kids have one of those frog aquariums. Unlike their other pets, they're easy to take care of.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Dartman on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:44 pm

I had one a few years ago and it was a cool thing and the frog was fun to watch and really grubbed on his little pellet food things. Poor little guy finally got some kind of fungus which we tried to treat but it was too late and he died. SO didn't bother to replace him till now, hoping the new froggies have a better time of it.
They are easy to deal with, just drop a couple of pellets in per frog and maybe exchange part of the water every so often and they pretty much take care of themselves as long as you don't over do the food.
A lot easier then a psycho parrot with a attitude problem... #-o he's getting better though, in Monty Python voice...
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Postby SkaarjMaster on Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:04 pm

Snow? What's that stuff? I almost forgot. Hope you had a great birthday!:) I really need to stop in this section more often.
MSI (unnamed laptop): GS75 Stealth 95F, Pioneer BDR-XD07B
SKAARJ-LAPTOP: Asus G750JW-NH71
SKAARJMASTERDUO: WinXPSP3,C2D E8600,Gigabyte EP45-UD3P,Pioneer DVR-216D,BenQ DW1655,Asus E818A3T.
SkaarjMaster
CD-RW Player

Postby Dartman on Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:10 am

Well it's white and cold and your car drives funny in it. Maybe you've seen pictures and read about it in books :wink: 2 years ago we had 24 inches in the yard and I was stuck at home for 2 weeks waiting for it to thaw enough for us to be able to do cement work again.
It was a 40 year storm as I was here in 68 the last time we had this kind of snow and will never forget it. I had a great day yes, the snow was a cool bonus and it's still 30 outside right now though this is probably the last really cold day till the next cold snap. We got enough snow to blanket the cars barely and the yard a bit but not enough to cause issues as most folks here have no clue how to drive in it and just bounce of the first convenient solid object with their brakes locked up tight if they see a dusting on the road.
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:48 pm

Hey Dartman... you're another year older.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Dartman on Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:35 pm

Who told you...damn I am aren't I. I got myself a Canon T3 camera today for a good deal and have been sitting here surfing and playing with the new toy.
Seems to take really nice shots and has a bigger screen then my old XT with a basic HD video mode that works pretty well. Going to do the official birthday on Thanksgiving as little sister usually does all the family things as they have the biggest nicest house of the group and her hubby and she love to cook good stuff =D>
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Return to The Beer Garden