Home News Reviews Forums Shop

LabelTag

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

LabelTag

Postby skanskan on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:28 pm

Hello

I've just bought a Liteon iHas524.
It's supposed to be able to write on the DVD using the LabelTag technology but I can't find any information on it.
I've just read that it's to be done with Nero but I can't find that option on the program (Nero Burning Rom nor in NeroCoverDesigner).

Could anyone help me to find that option or any other software LabelTag-able, please?
skanskan
Buffer Underrun

Re: LabelTag

Postby Ian on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:45 pm

Good question. I know that SmartPack (http://www.cdrlabs.com/View-details/Mis ... .19.0.html) has an option to burn a label, but I'm not sure how you create one.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby skanskan on Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:28 am

Thanks, I'll try it
skanskan
Buffer Underrun

Postby skanskan on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:23 am

OK,
I could create the labels with SmartPack.
I also sent an email to Liteon and they answered me that the only software able to LabelTag is Nero, I don't know why.

Thank you
skanskan
Buffer Underrun

Postby Born2Burn on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:16 pm

Is LabelTag the same thing as LightScribe? It would be incredible to find a good replacement program for lightscribe that wouldn't slow down every process my home business CPU is running while I am in the dvd burning process. Have any of you tried the business continuity software? It is getting close to the point where I am considering ripping my computer completely apart and rebuilding it from scratch.
Last edited by Born2Burn on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Burn Baby Burn Baby Burn Baby Burn
Born2Burn
Buffer Underrun

Postby Dartman on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:34 pm

I think it's more like Label Flash or whatever it was called but yes pretty similar. I have drive that can do both and the fun thing about label flash was you could put a image to any blank DVD you had that either still had unwritten space on it or was empty. Made a few cool disk pics of Nerd bird chewing on a old TY disk sitting here on the desk and things like that.
I think some of the early versions could do pics to CDs as well but not sure if any tag/flash version can do it now. Pretty sure Yamaha was the first one to come out with Label Flash then others followed after they went away.
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Postby sdculp on Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:30 pm

LabelTag writes on the data side of the disk and Lite Scribe writes on the label side. The Label Tag software is supposed to compute how much of the data side is used so it doesn't write over data. Lite Scribe is kind of expensive, so I though I would try the LabelTag, although it sounds a bit "gimmicklike" to me.

I'm having a lot of trouble getting the LabelTag software installed. See my post on "Nero 9 Essentials Will Not Load" in this forum. I'm waiting for Nero to get back with an answer.
sdculp
Buffer Underrun

Postby Ian on Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:20 pm

The thing that irritates me most about LabelTag is that its only supported by the bundled version of Nero 9 Essentials. If you own a retail version of Nero 9, you're SOL. It's too bad the software can't detect the capability on the drive and just enable the feature.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby sdculp on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:01 am

I couldn't even get the bundled version of Essentials to work, even after removing the full Nero program. "Nero 9 Essentials Will Not Load" in this forum.
sdculp
Buffer Underrun

Postby s_v_dragos on Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:05 pm

SOLUTION
Why LabelTag is not active in Nero 10? Because a veeery tiny little piece of software is missing (comparing with Nero 9 Express Essentials): ltnlt.exe (1.606KO) from C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 10\Nero Express . Just add it manually (I would attach it here with instructions, but there are only 256 KiB available for attachements) and you will have again the option to add LabelTag on your DVDs.
1.Go to your Nero 9 C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 9\Nero Express and copy from there ltnlt.exe
2.Go to your Nero 10 (Suite or not) C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 10\Nero Express and paste ltnlt.exe

EDIT: SEE MY NEXT POST for the real solution. The one above is not working properly.
Best regards!
Last edited by s_v_dragos on Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
s_v_dragos
Buffer Underrun

Postby Dartman on Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:17 pm

Wow, it's been a long time since the original question was posted but thanks for the fix. Hope the original poster see this if he hasn't figured it out by now.
I downloaded the file just in case, works as of posting this.
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:17 am

Thanks s_v_dragos!
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby s_v_dragos on Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:44 pm

Hello again, everybody!

Unfortunately my previous "solution" (suggested by LiteON support) is not working properly: YES, that ltnlt.exe will bring back LabelTag as an option in Nero 10 , but after the video/data burning - the software will NOT burn the LabelTag too (some error). I broke already15-20 DVD trying different things.
If this is working for someone, please let me know !

The conclusion is one for me: the LiteON support is as "serious" as the Nero Support.

COMPROMISE SOLUTION: This time I tried from the start to the end and is working well - take ALL the content (copy) from C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 9\Nero Express and just paste it replacing the content from C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 10\Nero Express .
DISADVANTAGE: You will have now a Nero 9 Express in your Nero Multimedia Suite 10 Platinum HD.
ADVANTAGE: LabelTag is working fine and all the rest of your Suite 10 will still be there with all the features, including Nero Burning ROM 10 (what you loose - as feature - in Express you can still use in Burning ROM).
If there is someone who does not have anymore the Nero 9 Essentials Express I can upload the content of my C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 9\Nero Express (NOT an installer, only the content to replace). Just ask.
s_v_dragos
Buffer Underrun

Postby skanskan on Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:31 am

Hello.
Thanks for your reply.
I think Nero is way too big and intrusive, now I prefer to use Infrarecorder, Imgburn and the Smartpack
skanskan
Buffer Underrun

Postby valnar on Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:35 am

Is this version of Nero still available anymore? I bought a LabelTag enabled drive on eBay and I would love to use this feature.
valnar
Buffer Underrun

Postby Dartman on Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:38 am

You probably have to go to their archives of older versions if they still have it or do a search and see if anybody had older versions hosted somewhere to download. I hardly ever burn disks anymore and when I do I tend to use Image Burn as it is simple, free, and works well. Nero if you bought the full versions has a bunch of extra goodies that are useful but they update constantly and I just don't really need a newer version then I have now that works and is paid for.
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:38 am

You'd probably have to contact Lite-On and see if they have that version of Nero available still.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)