Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Is there something wrong with my Write CDRW 3.0 software ???

Anything else

Is there something wrong with my Write CDRW 3.0 software ???

Postby gomcse on Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:21 am

After install Write CDRW 3.0 onto my Windows XP PC, I restart my PC after the install. After I boot back to my Windows, I first realise thre is no icon sitting in my system tray (something similar to an icon of Nero InCD) to tell me the software of Write CDRW 3.0 had been running or had benn activated.

In adddition, when I insert a blank Aopen CDRW disc into my Cd burner. I only got the response and ask me when I see a blank disc, what should I do (I chhose no action)

Lastly, when I hightlight my burner and click properties I have no option to format my disc and I am 100% sure my TEAC burner is Mount Rainer Ready.

FYI, after the install, when I got to Start --> Programs --> Write CDRW!, I can only see the Write CDRW Manual. There seems to be no program had been installed onto my PC.

So I just wonder what went wrong. Please help !
gomcse
Buffer Underrun

Re: Is there something wrong with my Write CDRW 3.0 software

Postby G@M3FR3@K on Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:29 am

gomcse wrote:After install Write CDRW 3.0 onto my Windows XP PC, I restart my PC after the install. After I boot back to my Windows, I first realise thre is no icon sitting in my system tray (something similar to an icon of Nero InCD) to tell me the software of Write CDRW 3.0 had been running or had benn activated.
This is normal since the software runs completely in the background, invisible to the user.

gomcse wrote:In adddition, when I insert a blank Aopen CDRW disc into my Cd burner. I only got the response and ask me when I see a blank disc, what should I do (I chhose no action)
Choose yes. Then you'll have the option to format to the CD-MRW format.

gomcse wrote:Lastly, when I hightlight my burner and click properties I have no option to format my disc and I am 100% sure my TEAC burner is Mount Rainer Ready.
The TEAC CD-W540E is ready (have it myself). Properties won't show you the format option. There should be an option to format when right clicking on your drive.

gomcse wrote:FYI, after the install, when I got to Start --> Programs --> Write CDRW!, I can only see the Write CDRW Manual. There seems to be no program had been installed onto my PC.
Again correct. Software is invisible to the user.

I hope I can mention the link to my CD-MRW article at CD Freaks?
http://www.cdfreaks.com/document.php3?Doc=75
I'm using the same software in this article as you are.
G@M3FR3@K
Buffer Underrun

Postby Ian on Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:29 am

Link away G@M3FR3@K.. its a great article.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby gomcse on Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:29 am

G@M3FR3@K

Many thanks for your explanation.
gomcse
Buffer Underrun

Return to General Software Questions