Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Overburn with Nero ?

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Re: I keep getting that damn Message!!

Postby frodoontop on Thu Jan 01, 1970 5:57 am

Anonymous wrote:Hi,

I´ve done all the steps you described before, but I keep getting that damn Message!!, "There´s not enough space to burn this compilation onto this medium", i´m using the latest version of Nero (5.5.9.9), i´ve tried with other versions, but still without success :cry: , I´ve set the time in the expert features and in the general tab, i´m using a NEC 12x8x32 CD-R/CD-RW copier, and i´ve selected Disc at Once, Finalize, and No Multisesion, could anyone help me with this?, I think i´m doing everything you´ve described but still can´t burn my lousy 705MB Movie into an 80´ minute CD, oh, and i´ve tried with 5 diferent brands of CDS.

Thanks.

It didn't work for me either, so I just had an idea which worked. I made an image file of the movie first. And then I opened this image file with Nero. Then you should close the wizard. Then select DAO and finalize CD. Then it certainly worked for me!
frodoontop
Buffer Underrun

Re: I keep getting that damn Message!!

Postby nox on Thu Jan 01, 1970 5:59 am

Anonymous wrote:Hi,

I´ve done all the steps you described before, but I keep getting that damn Message!!
i´m using a NEC 12x8x32 CD-R/CD-RW copier

That drive doesn't overburn:
http://www.digit-life.com/articles/cdrw ... c7700.html
nox
Buffer Underrun

Postby Mr-Mollywash on Thu Jan 01, 1970 6:21 am

Hey this is my 1st post on here.

May i say a big thank you to all who have helped the other guys solve there overburning problem, it certainly helped me out.

My writer is a liteon 40125W 40x12x48

Wow you guys are brilliant, many many thanks:):):):):)
Regards

Mr-M :)
Mr-Mollywash
Buffer Underrun

Postby eliminator on Thu Jan 01, 1970 6:23 am

Welcome aboard Mr-Mollywash ! 8)
Wake up ATI :-)
eliminator
CD-RW Player

Postby ImageMaker on Wed Nov 06, 2002 12:56 pm

Hi,

I have a similar problem. I'm tryin to burn a Super VCD .iso & .nrg image onto a 700MB CD-R and it won't burn!

THe funny thing is that the blank is the same size as the source CD.

Anyone have an idea on how to fix this?
ImageMaker
Buffer Underrun

I still can't overburn

Postby hugabug on Tue Nov 12, 2002 11:44 pm

:cry: Ihave been thru all the settings as stated. I even got nero 5590, as I had no success with nero express 5599. OK so now I am using Nero Burning Rom 5590. I am trying to make a VCD 95 min to burn to a 99 min CD. I am not getting the overburn window. in ISO - I cant change format to mode 1 as using VCD option, this gets greyed out. Can someone plz hold my hand thru this.......

:cry: :( :cry: :( :cry: :(
cheerz big earz
hugabug
Buffer Underrun

Overburning with Nero

Postby James K. Cricket on Wed Nov 13, 2002 8:29 pm

I know you guys have heard this before, but I am new to burning, blah blah. Anyway, the info posted here helped me finally overburn my cds using Nero. It is the wizard that causes the problems. Thank you guys/gals for the help.
James K. Cricket
Buffer Underrun

Postby Ophiax on Sat Dec 07, 2002 7:15 am

I recieve the overburn-dialouge but when i try to burn it gets "Invalid field in parameter"
Ophiax
Buffer Underrun

Postby Spazmogen on Sat Dec 07, 2002 9:48 am

Ophiax wrote:I recieve the overburn-dialouge but when i try to burn it gets "Invalid field in parameter"

What are you trying to burn audio, data or vcd?

Check your settings.

DAO must be selected as your burning mode.
Finalize CD must be selected too.

I recommend burning @ 8x or lower on 99 minute discs.
Spazmogen
CD-RW Player

overburning with nero 5599

Postby hugabug on Sat Dec 07, 2002 7:05 pm

What are you trying to burn audio, data or vcd?

Check your settings.

DAO must be selected as your burning mode.
Finalize CD must be selected too.

I am trying to do a VCD, nothing so far has worked!

:cry:
cheerz big earz
hugabug
Buffer Underrun

Re: overburning with nero 5599

Postby Spazmogen on Sat Dec 07, 2002 7:47 pm

hugabug wrote:I am trying to do a VCD, nothing so far has worked!

:cry:

Is this one you've made or are trying to copy disc-disc ?
Spazmogen
CD-RW Player

problem with burning an iso file in NERO

Postby Tapiro on Wed Dec 18, 2002 11:19 am

i downloaded a game with the ISO-format, but the file was 720MB, so i bought CD-Rs of 800MB, but when i do 'Burn image' and select the file and try to burn, it says: 'Foreign image file' and that there is a problem with the block size. I'm using NERO burning rom 5.5.3.5, what could be the problem?
Would you rather have butter or guns?
Tapiro
Buffer Underrun

Re: problem with burning an iso file in NERO

Postby Inertia on Wed Dec 18, 2002 8:35 pm

Tapiro wrote:Would you rather have butter or guns?

If I had to defend myself, I would rather have guns. Butter has not been shown to an effective self defense agent. :lol:

If I was hungry, I would sell one of the guns and buy food, including butter. :D

Tapiro wrote:i downloaded a game with the ISO-format, but the file was 720MB, so i bought CD-Rs of 800MB, but when i do 'Burn image' and select the file and try to burn, it says: 'Foreign image file' and that there is a problem with the block size. I'm using NERO burning rom 5.5.3.5, what could be the problem?

ISO files are a generic description of a CD-ROM image file and can have different formats. For ISO, Nero defaults to Mode 1 which has a block (sector) size of 2,048 bytes. This is the format for a standard CD-ROM with a single session.

Your game file is likely to be a multimedia format, so you could click the "Correct" button on the "Foreign image file" error message. Try changing the image type to "Data Mode 2" and click OK. This will automatically change the block size for that format, which may correct the problem.

Try that and let us know if it works. :wink:

BTW, anytime you burn past 700 MB/80 minutes with Nero you will have to use the overburn function, even if you have a 800 MB CDR.
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Postby cfitz on Thu Dec 19, 2002 1:34 am

Inertia wrote:If I was hungry, I would sell one of the guns and buy food, including butter. :D

Or, if you have a criminal bent, you could just keep the guns, stick up your local grocery store, and get all the butter you want for free. Not that I am advocating this...

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby Inertia on Thu Dec 19, 2002 2:29 am

cfitz wrote:
Inertia wrote:If I was hungry, I would sell one of the guns and buy food, including butter. :D

Or, if you have a criminal bent, you could just keep the guns, stick up your local grocery store, and get all the butter you want for free. Not that I am advocating this...

cfitz

LOL :D

I can see the headlines now:

CLERK FOILS HOLDUP BY STRIKING GUNMAN WITH SACK OF BUTTER :D :D :D
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Postby jtan on Sun Dec 22, 2002 8:55 am

does over-burning damage the cd-writer? i get that kind of warning when i do over-burning using nero on my liteon 48x.
jtan
CD-RW Player

Postby Inertia on Sun Dec 22, 2002 9:48 pm

jtan wrote:does over-burning damage the cd-writer? i get that kind of warning when i do over-burning using nero on my liteon 48x.

No, that's the standard cover-your-ass boilerplate that software companies throw in so that they can say "I told you so" if anything were to go wrong.

Although it is theoretically possible that a recorder could be damaged if it tries to exceed its mechanical limits due to overburning, it is very unlikely that damage would occur. If it has happened, I am not aware of any reports.

Your burner has been thoroughly tested with overburning and is even listed in the Liteon specs as being able to overburn up to 99 minutes! This is hardly a cause for concern when a drive is designed and specified for overburning. :wink:
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Plextor Overburning

Postby Sumster on Sun Jan 26, 2003 11:09 pm

Just a question regarding overburning with my Plextor 16/10/40A. When I burn a CD with >710 megs on an 80 minute CD, my plextor burner will completely hang (cannot eject, cannot shutdown). I need to restart my computer, however the CD works fine.

Is this a known problem with Plextor burners, and is there a workaround? I am using NERO 5.5.10.0.

Thanks,

Sumster
Sumster
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Mon Jan 27, 2003 2:35 pm

The only issue I am aware of with Plextor and Overburning at this time is this one mentioned below

Nero: "Invalid field in command" with Plextor recorders.

SYMPTON
By burning a CD in DAO/96 format and you exhaust the specifications then
you will get an "invalid field in command".
This problem occurrs only with the devices developed by Plextor (as far as
I know).

CAUSE
If you burn a CD then there is a data recording area and a program area, data recording area = lead in + program area + lead out. The lead out has the length: 90s if you want to burn 79:59:50 on an 80 min CD (79:59:74) then there is no
overburning, because your are within the limits.
A lead out with the length of 90s ends behind 80:58:50.
The Plextor device does now allow to burn behind the position 80:58:50 and
answers with the error:

invalid field in command

SOLUTION
- Do not burn in DAO/96 mode if you get above error or
do not exhaust the limits.
- Hope, that Plextor will correct this in a later firmware
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Previous

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)