Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Closing a CD

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Closing a CD

Postby rc777 on Tue Nov 05, 2002 8:57 am

Hi,

I'm using Nero 5.5.9.14 and I can't seem to close the CD (CD-R) even when I click on 'No Multisession' (File > Compilation Info > Multisession Tab) or Finalize CD (File > Compilation Info > Burn Tab). I tried burning using both Track-at-Once and Disc-at-Once, but every time I try and add another session to the 'closed' CD, Nero still allows me to do so (just gives a warning). Nero doesn't allow me to do this with CDs I closed using EasyCD. So how do I close a CD? Thanks. :x
rc777
Buffer Underrun

Postby Inertia on Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:21 am

Are you using the Nero Wizard? If so, it doesn't matter if you select DAO, since the Wizard defaults to SAO and will not close the disc automatically as true DAO does.

If this is the case, close the Wizard and use DAO with Finalize CD checked.
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Er, yeah, that's what I did...

Postby rc777 on Wed Nov 06, 2002 3:48 am

Thanks for your reply...

Yeah, the first time I tried closing a CD I checked "Finalize CD", "No Multisession" and used DAO (Disc at Once, right? ... Track at Once = SAO or TAO?) because I know DAO allows you to write only once (the way it is with EasyCD), but Nero still allows me to continue adding stuff when I try to.

BTW, what's the practical difference between a one-session Track-at-Once, Disc-at-Once and DAO/96? All I know is that DAO is a single-session writing method. Thanks!
rc777
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:54 pm

If you are choosing DAO and Finalize options in Nero, then the CD should be closed. If you place the CD in your Recorder, and go to Nero's Recorder>Medium Info does it report the CD as being closed and not writable?

Are you using CDR or CDRW media?

Do you have the latest Nero 5.5.9.17 installed?

Are you creating a Data CD or an Audio CD?

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)