Home News Reviews Forums Shop

overburning with nero 5599

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Postby hugabug on Mon Nov 11, 2002 12:51 am

hi everyone, I have read all these posts & they are very helpful.....
BUT, I am still having problems overburning with NeroExpress 5599...
I cant get preferences, tho I can configure, I have changed settings to allow overburnig & set overburn at 100 mins ... I am using Sony powerburn 24x10x40....
I am trying to burn a VCD onto a 99 minute CD. The VCD is 95 mins, I know it can be done because I have seen it, but I couldnt remember how the guy did it.... I need step by step help here, I am a little slow on the uptake :o :wink:
cheerz big earz
hugabug
Buffer Underrun

Postby Inertia on Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:44 am

Any disc over 700 MB (80 minutes) must use Nero overburn settings to allow it to be burned. Use the following settings:

1. Don't use the Nero Wizard. It will not allow overburning as it defaults to Track-At-Once. If it is active, close it.

2. Multisession | No Multisession must be checked

3. ISO | Check Mode 1 and Joliet

4. Burn | Check Write and Finalize CD (No further writing possible). Write method must be Disk-At-Once.

5. In the main menu, File | Preferences | Expert Settings check "Enable overburn disk-at-once burning". If you are using a 99 minutedisc, you can set the Maximum CD length to 99 minutes 0 seconds 0 frm. Hit Apply, then OK. If you are using a 650 or 700 MB data disc, use the overburn capacity test in Nero CD Speed to estimate the maximum overburn capacity.

6. The Red and Yellow marker settings in File | Preferences | General Settings have no effect on burning or overburning. They are there just as a visual aid.

These settings should allow you to attempt an overburn if your recorder and the media support it.
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Postby hugabug on Wed Nov 13, 2002 8:49 pm

. ISO | Check Mode 1 and Joliet

it wont let me do anything in format (can't change mode 1) as it is greyed out.......
I've done everything else still with no luck
cheerz big earz
hugabug
Buffer Underrun

Postby Inertia on Thu Nov 14, 2002 12:49 am

Don't use Nero Express or the Nero Wizard, but the standard Nero program.

My mistake, I didn't notice that you were trying to burn a VCD, which uses Mode 2 / XA by default. My instructions are for overburning a standard data disk and use the CD-ROM (ISO) compilation, not the Video CD compilation that you are tryng to use.
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)