Home News Reviews Forums Shop

MyDVD software says 47 gigs is not enough space!!!

Anything else

MyDVD software says 47 gigs is not enough space!!!

Postby MonteLDS on Tue Nov 12, 2002 6:43 pm

so i am editing my sister wedding onto a DVD. its like a 45 min project. and then i used a 47 gig partation for the temp files. and on the 2nd chapter it stops. and i see that i am out of temp space.. what gives
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby MonteLDS on Tue Nov 12, 2002 7:46 pm

i noticed that the 1st chapter which is 2 mins long ends up being 150MB of video space. while the 2nd chapter is 13 gigs and only half as long GRR
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby MonteLDS on Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:20 pm

25 gig file for video no sound and climbing for a 90 second clip.. umm Ctrl Alt Delete
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby cfitz on Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:23 pm

MonteLDS, I wish I could help, but I don't have any DVD creation experience. However, if you wish to end your lonely dialogue with yourself, may I suggest you give more details? For starters, what software are you using to do the authoring?

Also, just in case you aren't aware of it already, www.vcdhelp.com is a super site for getting help on video capturing, authoring and burning.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby Colonel Panic on Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:05 am

MonteLDS wrote:25 gig file for video no sound and climbing for a 90 second clip.. umm Ctrl Alt Delete

Yikes! What source are you capturing it from!?!?! *l*

Just the other day, I captured my vacation onto my hard drive, through my mini-dv camcorder, using firewire.

It's currently sitting uh.....*thinks* something like 4.5 hours. It's about 36gigs (uncompressed, dv format). I imagine when I get through editing it, it's gonna be about 32 gigs....then I'll add sound tracks, etc.. That'll be about 3 dvd-r disks.

But as for your situation, I think that myDvd might be capturing / saving it as avi or some other uncompressed format, that's sucking up more than it should.

I'll tell you now that I'm using a Mac G4 QuickSilver 933, with 1024mb ram, as well as a 60gb (that came with it), and a 40gb wd 7200rpm drive that the video is sitting on.

Which dvd burner are you using? Perhaps we can get through this together, since i haven't burned up any dvd disks yet myself. Luckily, I have a couple verbatim dvd-rw disks to practice on. :)
Fight the Future. Visit http://www.apple.com
Colonel Panic
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:40 am

cfitz wrote: For starters, what software are you using to do the authoring?

Sheesh! Egg on my face! :oops: I thought "MyDVD software" meant your DVD software (with a typo). In other words, I thought "my" was just the generic possesive pronoun. But now I get it... you mean Sonic MyDVD software. Who thinks up these names?? Damn marketing departments! :x :wink: :D

It's not been a particularly stellar day for me... :cry:

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Return to General Software Questions