Home News Reviews Forums Shop

A05 failures

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

A05 failures

Postby boblx2 on Tue Nov 19, 2002 12:37 pm

I have found only one media that the A05 has success with. It is a cheapy Princo -R/W, aqua colored disc. It take about an hour to burn a video DVD using DVD Decryptor but then it can be read by my Panasonic DV-30 and my Apex AD-5131 as well as my pc player. I have tried 3 other types of 2X media and one other type of 1X -R media, none of them worked. The drive appears to be burning the DVD and there are no error messages and the burning software reports "success." But nothing will read the disc. Also I cannot see the tracks on the burned disc. Even when it burns the aqua R/W disc that works. In the past I have always been able to see the tracks it burned. There is a slight glaze to the disc, as opposed to one that has not been burned, but no noticible tracks. I have not tried this with the Sony drive but I am sure it will have visible tracks.

I have used mostly DVD Decryptor but I have also tried Nero and Stomp RecordNow Max. The latest versions of all of them.

Can anyone shed some light on this or should I sent this drive back?

Have fun.........Bob
boblx2
CD-RW Player

Postby gianniz on Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:37 pm

you have same issue as sony had solution!

YOU HAVE TO WAIT! UNTIL SOFTWARE CATCHES UP WITH IT..

ps. didn't pioneer provide software with it? If it didn't wow what a court case! they provide hardware without working software :)
gianniz
Buffer Underrun

Postby boblx2 on Thu Nov 21, 2002 3:13 pm

Well so far the only software that seems to have caught up with it is DVD Decryptor. I can burn a file using the A05 with it without any problems. But Stomp, DLA, RcordNow Max 4.50 was supposed to also work with it. In fact RcordNow DX shipped with it. But I don't find that any more reliable then Nero which is also supposed to support it. I guess when enough are being used the software will have to come around if they intend to keep selling it. Meanwhile I can use the Sony for anything that I really need.

Thanks for your input......
Have fun.........Bob
boblx2
CD-RW Player

Return to DVD Writers