Home News Reviews Forums Shop

How to arrange tracks

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

How to arrange tracks

Postby dstoff on Sun Nov 17, 2002 4:16 pm

I'm trying to burn mp3 tracks onto disc, but nero always plaaces them alphabetically. Does anyone know how to get around this?

thanx,...
dstoff
Buffer Underrun

Postby shearerkazaa on Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:04 pm

Just click on a track and drag it to whatever position you want :wink:
shearerkazaa
Buffer Underrun

Postby dstoff on Mon Nov 18, 2002 7:04 pm

doesn't work, keeps arranging them alphabetically...
dstoff
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Tue Nov 19, 2002 12:32 am

Which version of Nero are you using and which interface are you using (traditional, Wizard, or Nero Express)? The behavior you describe is not normal. As shearerkazaa said, all you need to do is click and drag each track to its desired position. What is the title of the window in which you are working?

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby dstoff on Thu Nov 21, 2002 9:50 pm

I'm using ver 5.5.9.17, and using traditional nero, not express. When I drag mp3's over to create and MP3 data disc, it puts files in alphabetical order and will not let me drag them into any other order. I'm dragging the mp3 files into window entitled "ISO1.
dstoff
Buffer Underrun

Postby jmbrown12 on Thu Nov 21, 2002 10:39 pm

You cannot change the order as the ISO standard requires alphabetical order. If you want a specific order, rename the tracks by adding numbers, i.e., 01, 02, 03, etc., to the beginning of the track name.
jmbrown12
CD-RW Player

Postby dstoff on Thu Nov 21, 2002 11:15 pm

thanx, appreciate the advice!
dstoff
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Fri Nov 22, 2002 12:31 am

dstoff wrote:I'm using ver 5.5.9.17, and using traditional nero, not express. When I drag mp3's over to create and MP3 data disc, it puts files in alphabetical order and will not let me drag them into any other order. I'm dragging the mp3 files into window entitled "ISO1.

Oh, you aren't making an audio CD then. You are just burning mp3 files as regular data files onto a data disc. Is this what you intended? If so, then you need to name the files, as jmbrown12 suggested, to put them in the order you want. Of course that "order" is somewhat irrelevant because all you have is a bunch of randomly accessible files. There really isn't any inherent ordering of them.

If instead you wanted to make a regular audio CD, then you need to select "Audio CD" when you start a new compilation, and you will get a widow titled "Audio 1" (or 2, 3, 4 etc if you make more than one at a time). You can drag and drop files into that window in whatever order you want, and that sets the order that they will play when you put the final disc in your CD player. The "Audio" window also has handy buttons to play and edit the tracks you are about to record. Of course, the final product doesn't have mp3 files on it. Instead Nero will convert the mp3 files to regular 16-bit, 44.1 kHz CD audio tracks, and you will be limited to 74-80 minutes of music per disc.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby dstoff on Fri Nov 22, 2002 10:30 pm

Exactly. I'm trying to burn mp3's onto a cd to play in my dvd/home stereo player. It's great because I can put 150-200 songs onto 1 cd. but, as I originally said (confusingly), I would like to playa them in non alphabetical order. I would like a beatles tune followed by creedence, rather than 5 beatles, then 5 creedence, etc.

so based on what I've read so far, i guess i need to put numbers in front of each track to place the mp3 files in random order.
dstoff
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Sat Nov 23, 2002 1:22 am

dstoff wrote:so based on what I've read so far, i guess i need to put numbers in front of each track to place the mp3 files in random order.

Yup, follow jmbrown12's advice and rename those files. Of course, this assumes that your DVD player will also play them alphabetical order. And I don't know if your player displays artist/album/song title information, but if it does hopefully it picks up the information from the MP3 ID3 tag, so it won't matter what you name the files.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)