Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Packet Writing Software Issues

Easy Media Creator, Toast, RecordNow, MyDVD, WinOnCD, DLA, etc.

Packet Writing Software Issues

Postby suriel on Sat Nov 30, 2002 11:05 am

I have a Sony DRU-500A DVD drive and a Lite-On LTR-40125S and for nearly a month I’ve been trying (to no avail) to get packet writing software to work on both drives. I’ve used DirectCD, InCD, and recently (in frustration), I downloaded Stomp’s RecordNow Max, which includes their version of packet writing software (called DLA). When using Roxio’s DirectCD, it worked fine on the Sony, but it couldn’t format using the Lite-On. Using Nero’s InCD, the opposite occurred (the Lite-On worked, the Sony didn’t). With Stomp’s DLA, the Sony works, but not the Lite-On. Browsing through Stomp’s DLA manual, I noticed a warning stating that DLA can only be used on one writer at a time. It does offer a feature to enable/disable the DLA feature on each drive, as required, but so far I’ve only gotten errors whenever I enable DLA on the Lite-On and try to format a CD-RW disk (hopefully this is just because the Lite-On isn’t supported yet and a PX-engine update will include support in the near future). Anyway, my question is this: Am I correct in assuming that packet writing software can only work on ONE drive in a two reader/writer configuration? Anyone with two RW drives able to format disks on both drives? All replies are appreciated. Sorry about the long winded post.
suriel
Buffer Underrun

Postby Action Jackson on Sat Nov 30, 2002 1:30 pm

You have only one packet writing program installed at a time right?
Action Jackson
CD-RW Player

Postby suriel on Sun Dec 01, 2002 1:58 am

Yes. Currently, it's Stomp's DLA.
suriel
Buffer Underrun

this may help you with your lite-on.

Postby modemfreak on Sun Dec 01, 2002 2:47 pm

I have a Lite-on recorder too.

check my post.

http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=7273
modemfreak
Buffer Underrun

Postby Inertia on Mon Dec 02, 2002 1:24 am

I have a computer with two Plextor 12x10x32 burners, and Direct CD recognizes both and can format both at the same time. The format process has to be started separately for each drive, but once started both drives format concurrently.

The Lite-On LTR-40125S is supported by Direct CD, and unless you are using an old version of the software it should definitely be recognized.
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Problem Resolved

Postby suriel on Mon Dec 02, 2002 4:06 am

Problem resolved. Both drives formatting with DirectCD flawlessly. For unknown reasons, drives were misidentified by Windows XP Pro as SCSI. Inadvertently resolved the problem after I flashed the LITE-ON with a firmware update, which caused my USB mouse to freeze at the desktop. So, I re-installed the VIA USB 2.47 USB and 4.43 4in1 drivers and now both drives are no longer identified as SCSI and work fine.
suriel
Buffer Underrun

Return to Sonic Solutions and Roxio