Home News Reviews Forums Shop

please help: sector 0 unreadable, verification fails

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

please help: sector 0 unreadable, verification fails

Postby irvine on Tue Dec 10, 2002 4:50 pm

I would be extremly delighted if anyone can help me on this problem.
After having had my Pioneer DVD writer DVR 105, for five days, I am still unsuccesfull at making my own videos into DVDs.

All seems to be in order, the content is placed as adviced by Roxio toast in a folder using the DVD setting, the DVD is written but when it comes to verification it all sadly ends in a dialogue box that says "Sector 0 unreadable, verification failed"

The finished DVD is useless in both my computer and my DVD player, all nine of them :( (I have attempted many different "solutions")

The content has been prepared first in Cleaner 6, using default DV to DVD setting (PAL), then imported to DVD Studio pro 1.5, the project is succesfully previewed and written as a project in a folder.
From this folder I can succesfully play the material using my built in DVD player (from disk).

I proceed by opening Roxio Toast, setting it to DVD, choosing "new DVD", a folder appears named "untitled_DVD" (which I rename to myproject_DVD) I then put the audio_ts and video_ts folders in this folder, and then hit the "record" button...
the result is sadly as mentioned above, and I have no clue on what to do...
what is sector 0?
Why is nothing in sector 0?
and most importantly, how may I fix this?

Any hints, suggestions would be extremly much appreciated.
irvine
Buffer Underrun

Postby irvine on Wed Dec 11, 2002 8:40 am

problem solved!

reason was bad media of the type "eProFormance", I tried two variations (12 disks in all)

after testing LaCie, Pioneer and Primedisk media, and all of them were written succesfully, the solution seems obvious: to avoid the "eProFormance" DVDs in the future.
irvine
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Wed Dec 11, 2002 8:46 am

Sorry we couldn't help. Glad you figured it out yourself. And thanks for following up and reporting your results - it may help someone else with your same problem.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Return to DVD Writers