Home News Reviews Forums Shop

LiteO 52246 Nero scan always last bad sector, drive, sftwr ?

Burn baby burn!

LiteO 52246 Nero scan always last bad sector, drive, sftwr ?

Postby ChgoBob33 on Wed Dec 11, 2002 12:20 pm

I am relatively new to doing much burning having previously had an HP9100. I recently bought the new 52x Buslink (Lite-On) with the original firmware. I have tried several types of media some Imation (CMC evidently), Fuji (TY) and scanned some previously burned Verbatim 4x CD-RW's. My question, is it common for scandisc and CD Quality Check to report errors where none really exist. FYI I burned some old Office Depot disks that had lots of damaged areas so am excluding those.

The verbatim CD-RWs burned on my old HP9100 come up totally clean in CD Quality Check but both are unreadable in the very last sector in scandisk (0.14%), all the rest undamaged=green. I am able to copy ALL the files without error to my hard drive.

On the Imations 48X I burned the exact same set of files to two disks the first at 52X and the second at 32X. The first burn, with verify went fine. I then ran CD Quality Test no errors until the VERY end and then 35280 errors. I ran scandisc and it was all undamaged except for the very last which said unreadable.

To see if the burn was done too fast I did the exact same set of files to another disk at 32X. Like the first one the burn and verify after write was fine. Same EXACT result. I then ran CD Quality Test no errors until the VERY end and then 35280 errors. I ran scandisc and it was all undamaged except for the very last which said unreadable.

I also burned a new Fuji (TY) disk with the same set of files. CD quality check came out with no errors but again scandisc showed unreadable the VERY last sector but undamaged the whole rest.

It seems very odd that all the disks are perfect except the last sector but all files can be copied. It is also like a really odd coincidence for the two disks to have the exact same number of C2? errors in that last sector.

I am wondering is something wrong with my drive and how it burns the last sector or is there something funny about the software I have not read about or some other explanation?

FYI I have CD Speed 1.01 and Nero 5.5.9.13

Any help would be appreciated,

Bob
ChgoBob33
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:21 pm

cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives