Home News Reviews Forums Shop

InCD problems

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

InCD problems

Postby freemanzhu on Fri Dec 20, 2002 5:53 pm

I know that Ahead's InCD has a reputation for reliability, better anyway than Roxio's DirectCD. However, after installing the latest versions of Nero (5.5.10.0) and InCD (3.51.61) on a clean installation of Windows XP Home with SP1, I found that InCD crashes like crazy. Or, rather, it causes Explorer to crash. I uninstalled InCD, installed DirectCD, and patched it to 5.3.2, although I kept Nero and did not install Easy CD Creator, and have not had problems since. Anyone have a similar experience?

Hmm, apparently version 3.51.91 of InCD was just posted.
freemanzhu
Buffer Underrun

Postby Inertia on Fri Dec 20, 2002 6:48 pm

I would not agree with your report of InCD's reputation for reliability compared to Direct CD. In fact, in my experience and in most recent reports that I have seen Direct CD is usually more reliable than InCD. This is even borne out by your own experience.

There have been a lot of recent blue screen problems with InCD and WinXP.
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Postby tazdevl on Fri Dec 20, 2002 11:40 pm

I'd also agree with Intertia. I've found InCD to be a very unreliable and unstable application. It's given me more BSODs in total than all the other applications I have on my computer.

To top it off, in many cases there isn't any backwards compatibilty with CDRWs formatted with a previous version.

Not only that, but Ahead's tech support is virtually non-existent and when they do respond, it's generally a canned response rather than a smart tech taking the opportunity to find out information in the hope of fixing a problem with their software. Not a good way to sustain your business when you piss away opportunities to fix your products and irritate customers.

I've had zero problems with DirectCD.
RIG:
P4 2.6C, Thermalright SP94/Panaflo 92MM M1A, IC7 Max3, Swifty MCX159, 1GB Geil PC4000 Ultra Plat, Radeon 8500, Audigy 2, 2X WD Raptor RAID 0, WD 250GB SE, Plex 708A, 166SDVD, LianLi PC75, XP Pro.
tazdevl
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)