Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero 5.5.9.x-how can i enable showing the ral burn-speed..

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero 5.5.9.x-how can i enable showing the ral burn-speed..

Postby Scour on Sun Dec 22, 2002 7:38 am

under WindowasXP?

I chage the registry in "ShowSingleRecorderSpeed" from 0 to 1, but if i start Nero, the key is again 0
Benq DW 1640 and 1650 , Plextor PX-755, Pioneer BDR-208 and 209D, LG GH24NSC0, LG BH16NS40 and 16NS55, Liteon ihas 124F and 324F, Pioneer DVR-215 and S21, Samsung SH-224DB and 224GB, and some more

cu
Scour
Scour
CD-RW Player

Postby Spazmogen on Sun Dec 22, 2002 8:11 am

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php ... adid=51053

I hope this helps. I don't have XP.

The Single Recorder Speed trick worked for me.
Spazmogen
CD-RW Player

Postby Inertia on Sun Dec 22, 2002 8:31 am

This tip was first reported in the CDRLabs.com forum at Next tip: displaying the real burning-speed in Nero.

This setting works best with drives that operate in CAV.

If your Sony CRX 175A1 is a rebadged Liteon 24102B, it operates in Zone CLV from 16x - 20x - 24x, not CAV.

Make sure that the setting that you are changing is in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Recorder key, not a key with the burner description.
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Postby Scour on Sun Dec 22, 2002 10:43 am

Hallo!

No Chance, it reset to 0 each time i press the "burn"-button in Nero
Benq DW 1640 and 1650 , Plextor PX-755, Pioneer BDR-208 and 209D, LG GH24NSC0, LG BH16NS40 and 16NS55, Liteon ihas 124F and 324F, Pioneer DVR-215 and S21, Samsung SH-224DB and 224GB, and some more

cu
Scour
Scour
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Sun Dec 22, 2002 12:59 pm

Scour, what burner do you use?
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby Scour on Sun Dec 22, 2002 1:18 pm

Hello!

A Cyberdrive CW088D and in an other PC a Teac CD-W 516

Strange, it worked before i make format C: and installed WinXP Pro

cu
Scour
Scour
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Sun Dec 22, 2002 2:22 pm

maybe try like in the original thread:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Recorder]

not HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. maybe that will help ???

(hope this is not a stupid statement...i'm no registry wizard...nor a registry buffer-underrun...)
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby Scour on Sun Dec 22, 2002 4:11 pm

Hello!

Yeah, it works :D

Thank you, dodecahedron.

I was really in Local Maschine, not current user

Thanks

cu
Scour
Scour
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Sun Dec 22, 2002 4:30 pm

Scour wrote:Hello!

Yeah, it works :D

that's good to know!
i knew there was such a key both under HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, and i knew the original instructions in the thread were for HKEY_CURRENT_USER, but i saw others posted the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE alternative, and i didn't know if it matters at all.

apparently it does. so the original instructions are the best.

to clarify things, i will quote from the original thread Next tip: displaying the real burning-speed in Nero:

RaMaTz wrote:Hello all!

I could read in this forum that many of you want to know, how fast there burners are in combination with various media´s. They want to find the best CDR´s for there burner - good thing. Some use the tool CD-Speed for there tests - bad thing, because there is a problem. CD-Speed only shows the speed of a simulation and not of a real burning-process and many of you knows, that there is a diffrent. It would be better, if Nero could showing the real buring-speed in realtime during a real burning-process! But normaly it only shows the speed, you have select in the options.

Now here is the way, you can tell Nero to display the real burning-speed in realtime for checking out CDR´s without any tool:
Open your registry-editor and go to: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Recorder]. Search there for the DWORD ShowSingleRecorderSpeed and change the HEX from 0 to 1. From now, Nero shows you the realtime-burnig-speed at Nero-Classic and Nero-Express!

If this tip is already told by an other user (I don´t think so) - sorry for the repeat.

Happy testing...

- RaMaTz -
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby Inertia on Sun Dec 22, 2002 6:31 pm

Yes, my mistake. Thanks for catching that, dodecahedron. :)

The first time that Nero is run, the registry key ShowSingleRecorderSpeed is created in both HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Recorder and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Recorder.

Although the keys have the same description, changing the LOCAL_MACHINE setting doesn't affect CURRENT_USER.

This is because there are really only two root keys in the registry, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_USERS. The other keys are aliases (similar to shortcuts) that refer to branches in the root keys.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER is an alias for a HKEY_USERS branch with settings for the logged in user.
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Sun Dec 22, 2002 7:00 pm

Inertia wrote:The first time that Nero is run, the registry key ShowSingleRecorderSpeed is created in both HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Recorder and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Recorder.

Although the keys have the same description, changing the LOCAL_MACHINE setting doesn't affect CURRENT_USER.

This is because there are really only two root keys in the registry, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_USERS. The other keys are aliases (similar to shortcuts) that refer to branches in the root keys.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER is an alias for a HKEY_USERS branch with settings for the logged in user.

OK.
but the question remains:
why does the setting in HKEY_CURRENT_USER (or HKEY_USERS which is actually the same, according to your explanation) "work", that is activate the correct speed display, whereas setting the key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE does not?
basically the question is where does Nero look in the registry to decide on the display?
and if the correct answer is HKEY_CURRENT_USER (or HKEY_USERS), they why the duplicate (?) key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ? (or is this another stupid registry question?...)

can it be deduced from your explanation, Inertia, that setting the key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER automatically sets it in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE too (but not the other way around)?

EDIT:
i checked my registry, the key was under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE but did not exist under HKEY_CURRENT_USER ! but then again i can't even be sure i burned even once with Nero since installing the latest 5.5.9.17. and it's been reported that you have to burn at least once.
so i went ahead and created the key. hope this doesn't have catastrophic reprecussions...
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby Inertia on Sun Dec 22, 2002 8:51 pm

dodecahedron wrote:
Inertia wrote:The first time that Nero is run, the registry key ShowSingleRecorderSpeed is created in both HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Recorder and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Recorder.

OK.
but the question remains:
why does the setting in HKEY_CURRENT_USER (or HKEY_USERS which is actually the same, according to your explanation) "work", that is activate the correct speed display, whereas setting the key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE does not?
basically the question is where does Nero look in the registry to decide on the display?

I think it seems to be amply proven that Nero looks for the HKEY_CURRENT_USER setting.

and if the correct answer is HKEY_CURRENT_USER (or HKEY_USERS), they why the duplicate (?) key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ? (or is this another stupid registry question?...)

No, it's a good question. LOCAL_MACHINE contains configuration data describing hardware and software. USERS contains information that is user specific. A number of the software keys in these root keys are duplicates and some are not depending on their intended use. I think that the settings in LOCAL_MACHINE are the installation defaults. When user options are exercised, they are stored in CURRENT_USER.

can it be deduced from your explanation, Inertia, that setting the key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER automatically sets it in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE too (but not the other way around)?

No, keys are not automatically copied and neither are the values. The keys and values are there individually by design. On my machine there are 39 keys under Nero - Burning Rom in CURRENT_USER and 31 in LOCAL_MACHINE. There are different values for some of the same keys in CURRENT_USER after user defaults are selected.

EDIT:
i checked my registry, the key was under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE but did not exist under HKEY_CURRENT_USER ! but then again i can't even be sure i burned even once with Nero since installing the latest 5.5.9.17. and it's been reported that you have to burn at least once.
so i went ahead and created the key. hope this doesn't have catastrophic reprecussions...

It won't make any difference. The key is normally created the first time a burn is done. :)
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Sun Dec 22, 2002 9:08 pm

thanks for the explanations (+ a small lesson about Windows registry to boot! :) )
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby Inertia on Sun Dec 22, 2002 9:12 pm

You're very welcome. :)
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Re: Nero 5.5.9.x-how can i enable showing the ral burn-speed

Postby VEFF on Tue Dec 24, 2002 9:47 am

Scour wrote:under WindowasXP?

I chage the registry in "ShowSingleRecorderSpeed" from 0 to 1, but if i start Nero, the key is again 0

I used to have exactly the same problem.
Then one the day the key's value finally stuck.
Strange...
Burners only:
Pioneer DVR-115D
Pioneer DVR-111D
Plextor PX-716A TLA0304
Plextor PX-716A same TLA

LiteOn 52246S 52X CD-RW
LiteOn 52246S (another)
LiteOn 52327S 52X CD-RW
TDK 40X USB 2.0 CD-RW
TEAC CD-W540E 40X CD-RW
VEFF
CD-RW Player

Postby Scour on Tue Dec 24, 2002 1:41 pm

Hello!

It works :D

I chnaged the wrong key; it is the key in Current User, not Local Maschine

cu
Scour
Scour
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)