Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Overburning on Yamaha CRW-F1

Burn baby burn!

Overburning on Yamaha CRW-F1

Postby ToneTrainer on Tue Jan 07, 2003 7:51 am

Hiya Guys

I have read a lot since finding this web site recently on using >80 min CD's but I am still not getting any results as yet.

I have a P4 1.7GHZ - 512MB Rambus RAM
Intel Mobo
2x80GB & 2x40GB IBM on PCI RAID Card
1xMatushita DVD Secondary Slave
1x24x10x40 Mirai CD WRe-Writer Secondary Master
New Yamaha CRW-F1 Primary Master

Both my writers can overburn and Nero 5.5.10 is configured to allow overburning. Have run the CD Speed Overburning Tests to gain results below.
But I cannot get more then 68 minutes of recording time from my 99 minute CD-R's (www.medeainternational.com).
I have found TDK 80 Mins will go to 82mins and CMC disks (1 left now) would go to nearly 84 minutes, but the disks that are 99min will not write on my Yamaha or Mirai burner.

Any idea's on what I should try next??

Your wise words are appreciated!

Tony
ToneTrainer
Buffer Underrun

Postby Reg-da-Ripper on Wed Jan 08, 2003 3:04 pm

Can you try another brand of 99-minute CD-R?

You're not burning the 99-minute CD-R with AAMQR (Advanced Audio Master Quality Recording), correct? If you are, then that would limit you to around 79 or 80 minutes (depending on the blank 99-minute media that you use).

Spazmogen has an excellent write-up on how to overburn with Nero. If you are using that as a guide, make sure that you follow that verbatim (no pun intended). :)
My solution to the Plextor vs. Lite-On debate: Buy 'em both! :)
Reg-da-Ripper
CD-RW Player

Overburning 90 CD-R

Postby ToneTrainer on Thu Jan 09, 2003 4:32 pm

Hiya
Thanks for the reply, over 70 looks and finally I get a reply!

Everything you have said is covered! Its not that I cant overburn, I can but the capacity of the cd is not showing up.

I have purchased some more 90 min media and this two fails to register with my Yamaha drive.

I have since tried the media in my Mirai 24x burner and the available space is shown so the media is ok, but clearly something wrong with the yamaha writer.

On the plus side ta 32x I burned a cd-r in 2mins 40 secs which was very pleasing!

guess I will shout at Yamaha now!

Tony

I will now go to yamaha site
ToneTrainer
Buffer Underrun

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives